Chapter 72: Epilogue

A/N A special thanks to Robby2Keene and trehandyan for their constant support. A special thanks to you all for reading my surprisingly and accidentally long fanfiction. I hope to see all of you again and many more for book 3. Thank you very much and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Darkseid:

I scream as I open my eyes.

"Aaahhh!"

Grasping for breath, I look around but all I see is darkness. As I feel about, I remember that earthling's last words.

"Considering yourself lucky you just lost your sight," he said before throwing me into space. Even blind, I remember hearing the rumbling of Apokolips. I can still hear the shaking. Something slowly flies up to me so I place my hand on it. It feels like an asteroid. Only, I know it's not an asteroid.

"Aahhhh," I scream again as I spin around. "You will beat for this, you pathetic earthling! You will beat for destroying my kingdom! I will hunt you down and I will kill you! This, I promise!"

I grab the floating piece of Apokolips and throw it. I listen as it crashes against the other remains of my kingdom. With a clear straight path, I take off.

"I may be blind. I may only have one arm, but I will find Earth no matter how long it takes or how far I have to travel."

Carol Ferris:

Blasting my way out from under the rubble, I then pull myself up and out. My body is bruised and broken. I'm covered in cuts from top to bottom, but at least I'm alive. I can't say the same for the other star sapphires.

"Darkseid," I say, limping while holding my waist. As I limp, I look around. "Hello? Is there anyone there? Can you hear me?"

Silent. No one answers. I don't think anyone can answer. As I keep limping, the pink glow around my body starts to flicker.

"No, no, no. Not now. Not now!"

I look down at my ring. It's flickering. It's running low on power. The second it runs out, I'm stranded here.

"I can't recharge the ring. Darkseid took the battery. I have only one shot at this."

I close my eyes and concrete. I pull together all the power the ring had left in it. My ring flickers over and over, a few times turning off, before finally turning back on. It glows brightly and a portal appears in front of me.

"Take me to the one I love," I say, falling through the portal just as my ring dies.

Superman:

I punch and knock Wonder Woman to the floor. She screams as she falls.

"I never give the order to destroy Oa," I shout, stomping my way to Wonder Woman. I grab her by the throat and pick her up. "I never give the order! Why did you destroy Oa? Why?"

I shake Wonder Woman as I scream.

"Superman," Cyborg says, running toward me. He tries to pry Wonder Woman and me apart but he fails. Instead, he falls as I push him back.

"I never give the order," I repeat, dropping Diana. She falls to the floor while holding her throat. I walk up the stair and sit back down on my chair. Grabbing the wires, I hook them to my mind.

"Wasn't that the plan," Wonder Woman says after pushing herself up. "Wasn't the plan to destroy the corps and allow for Sinestro and his yellow lanterns to be the new protectors?"

"The plan was for us to destroy the Green Lanterns Corps," I answer, "Not the planet! We could have used Oa as a second stronghold! First, you attacked Oa without my order and then you destroyed it! Wonder Woman, keep going without my order, and I promise you this. You'll be the next one under my control."

The whole room falls silent. Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Black Adam, and even Bruce who is still under my control stop. They all turn and face me.

"Fine then," Wonder Woman says. "I will do nothing without first your approval. But remember this. The only reason, the only reason, we could defeat the whole green lanterns corps once and for all, is because of me."

With those last words, Wonder Woman turns and leaves the room. Black Adam follows shortly after her.

"You aren't serious," Cyborg asks, "Are you?"

"Don't test me," I say with a stern finger. "Victor, I am telling you this now only because we are alone, but I had plans."

"Plans?"

"Plans to try and rescue the man and Supergirl."

"Rescue them? Wait, you mean--"

Before Victor could finish, Sinesto walks me. He smiles an uneasy smile and looks at me.

"Superman," he says, sounding strangely happy. "I have interesting news. I have found us a new ally. Well, actually, he was a regime once but decided to give it up. Now, he is one again."

"One again," I repeat. "What are you talking about?"

Sinestro chuckles as he steps to the side. At first, the only thing we hear is the echoing of footsteps. The footsteps get louder and louder until finally, Hal Jordan steps into the room, with a yellow ring.

"I find Hal running by himself shortly before Oa's destruction," Sinestro says. "I offered him a chance. Either join us once more or die. It was an easy choice."

Upon hearing this, I watch as Hal raises his yellow ring up and shows it to all of us.

The Lords of Order:

"Do you feel that," I ask.

"Yes," the other Lords answer. "Yes, we do. It is him."

"The man in the sunglasses," I say. "His power is setting ripples across the magical planes. His power alone. He is too strong to be left unattended."

"He must be stopped," another Lord says.

"It falls to us, the Lords of Order, to stop this coming storm. We must be hasty."

"We must. We must. We must."

"We may have lost Kent Nelson, but he is not our only weapon."

"We still have Raven, daughter to Trigon."

"Raven was not enough. Even with her power and ours, we could not destroy The Man."

"It is because of the other Insurgent fighters. They are in our way."

"Then we will call upon our own fighters."