Chapter 65: Rest and Rescue

Supergirl:

"Saint Walker," I scream, pointing at The Man, Arisia, the Guardians, and the others. Saint Walker sees where I'm pointing and immediately shoots out his ring. He fires a blue beam that hits the yellow beam from Parallax. As they hit each other, they both explode and send shockwaves back, knocking Saint Walker and me stumbling away.

I manage to catch myself after a few flips and even managed to grab Saint Walker.

"Are you okay," I ask.

"Yes," Saint Walker answers with a nod of his head. "I am fine. Are the Guardians okay?"

I look at where we last saw them and now see The Man kicking one of the Guardians in his behind. I use my super hearing to hear what's going on.

"Come on," The Man shouts, pushing a different Guardian. "Inside now! You blue bastards! Move! Move! Move! You! Clean the wax out of your ears and move!"

I remember the Guardian The Man is shouting at. His name is Ranakar.

"You cannot talk to me like-" Ranakar says before The Man turns and walks away.

"Have fun dying," The Man shouts with a wave of his fingers. "The rest of you. Inside now!"

He points his finger and the Guardians, even Ranakar, all run back inside the building. The Man then grabs Kilowog by his head and back and throws him inside. Meanwhile, he, Arisia, and Harleen look up at Parallax.

Parallax stares back at them. As he does, part of him starts to rain down on the three.

"Come on," I say, pushing Saint Walker to his feet. "Let's go!"

"Of course," Saint Walker says as the two of us fly to help the three.

Green Arrow:

I scream as I jump and flip through the air, shooting a dozen or so betas with an assortment of trick arrows. While some betas are pinned to the ground because of ice arrows and some are trapped because of net arrows, they are all destroyed due to my explosive arrows.

Landing back on my feet, I turn around to see how the makeshift barriers are holding up.

"Are the barriers doing okay," I ask, watching as Reverse-Flash runs past me at super speed. Splitting out some dust after he runs up, I wave my hand and see a large wall made from broken stones standing strong.

"We're doing fine," Dinah replies from on top of the barrier. "So are the Green Lanterns we manage to recover." She shoots me a nod and turns. Another squad of betas is approaching.

"West side," I yell. As if from thin air, Selina and Cheetha appear. They rush the squadron from both sides and tear right there. In Cheetha's case, she literally did tear through them.

"Above you," someone says. I look up to see some fliers heading right for me. However, while powering up their shots, multiple red beams hit and destroy all of them.

"Do not worry," Atrocitus says as he flies through a smoke cloud. "The Burning Man, the Little Bug Man, and I have the sky covered."

"Firestorm," Firestorm says after throwing and knocking a yellow lantern to the ground. "We are named Firestorm. It's not that hard to remember. Your name is harder to remember."

I couldn't believe it. Somehow, somehow, we were actually managing to hold our own against the yellow lanterns and betas. Shortly before leaving the Rusted, The Man told me to pick a spot and make a stand there. He told us to pick a spot where we could control the field. Where we could see everything. A place where we would more than put up a fight.

Seeing more squads of betas approaching us, I reach back for more of my arrows and place them in my bow. However, as I pull the bowstring back, my vision starts to go blurry. All of a sudden, my legs feel weak and my hands are shaking uncontrollably.

I drop my bow and arrows and slam my hands over my eyes. I scream as I start to see something I can't explain.

Laria:

"Easy there, Salaak," I say, gently laying Salaak down on the mat Reverse-Flash found.

"Laria," Salaak moans. He opens his eyes weakly and he raises his shaking ring. I can tell he still thinks I'm an enemy of the green lantern. He's trying to summon something but can't. The wound on his shoulder is too bad.

"Take it easy," I tell him. "The others and I will protect you and the other Green Lanterns the best we can."

Salaak's hand falls when he takes a look around. There, behind the makeshift barrier, are a bunch of the other Green Lanterns who were badly hurt in battle.

"Atrocitus and I gathered as many of you as we could find and brought you here," I say. "This isn't the infirmary, and I have no medicine to heal you, so now, just rest."

Salaak moans as he lays his head back down.

"Why are you doing this," he asks. "Why are all of you helping us? After the ways we treated you?"

"Because this is not a time to be holding grudges," I answer. "This is a time when we need to put aside our differences and work with our true allies. Even if they're not who we were expecting."

While Salaak rests, I get up and look at the other Green Lanterns. Exactly like Salakk, they're simply laying on the ground with no medicines. About to check on some other patients, I stop when I hear Dinah calling me.

"Laria," Dinah calls from above. "Get up here! I need your help!"

I nod my head and fly up to Dinah. Flying to her side, I see Oliver laying on the ground.

"Oliver," I say. I notice how there are no yellow lanterns or betas around him. "What happens? Why is he unconscious?"

"I don't know," Dinah answers. "He was doing fine until a few minutes ago. Grab him. I'll cover you!"

"Okay."

With Dinah directly behind me, I fly down the barrier and grab Mr. Oliver. As I pick him up and throw his arm over me, I hear another sound. I look up and see something flying toward the central battery.

"Oh no," Dinah says, looking at a fading blue line. "Superman."

The Man:

While Arisia shoots out her ring and summons a green barrier and Harleen flies out of the way, I run toward the incoming line of yellow clouds. I shoot out my wrist once more and pull out my hidden swords. Jumping over the line, I slice and dice the line of yellow clouds, cutting it into pieces. The pieces that I cut off fall and turn into black dust.

"Behind you," Harleen shouts from far above. I turn around and see another line of yellow clouds rushing toward me. It's about to hit me but before it could, I swing my swords up and down, slicing the line right down the middle.

As I slice the line in half, I hear a familiar sound and turn around. Flying up the platform with Arisia, Harleen, myself, and Parallax is Superman.

"Oh come on," I cry, looking up at Superman and then back at Parallax. "Isn't one big bad enough?"

I rise one sword and pull back the others. I prepare myself against both Superman and Parallax. However, as Superman approaches, so do more lines from the yellow clouds. They spread out and try to attack me but as they fly down, Superman uses his laser visions to cut them off, destroying all of them in the process.

The sky fills with black dust as Superman lands on the platform with me.

"You need to come with me," he says, pointing right at me. "Don't bother fighting."