Chapter 24: Help is Here

Supergirl

"What," Superman screams through Sinestro's ring. "Kara and The Man in sunglasses are there? Impossible."

"They're here alright," Sinestro says, getting up from the hole in the wall, "And The Man had a green lantern ring."

"I'm sending reinforcement," Superman says.

His call ends, Sinestro jumps into the air and aims his ring at me. Firing a yellow beam, I counter with my laser visions. Our attacks pushing against each other, neither of us giving an inch, I stop when a second yellow beam hits me.

It knocks me down and causes me to spin through the sky. I recover fast but once again, I am knocked down by Sinestro. Falling further down, I finally hit the ground. Only, it doesn't feel like the ground. It instead feels soft.

Looking behind, I jump when I see myself on top of a giant green hand. Hearing something, I look back up to see Sinestro and another yellow lantern, a woman with pink skin and long purple hair, gasping for some reason. They're looking to the side. I look to the side myself and when I do, I couldn't believe what I'm saying.

The Man:

"Hey Kara," I say, shooting Kara a wave. "What's up? May I join this fight, or would you rather handle these two by yourself?"

"You," Kara says, climbing to her feet. Stepping on my giant green hand, I look at Sinestro and Boodikka as they fire at me. With a pair of yellow beams heading my way, I swing my hand and call forth a wall to block the attacks. Despite the two's best effect, they couldn't break my wall.

Sinestro flying back, he fires his ring again and this time, an ax is spinning through the air. Releasing my wall, I summon a second hand to grab the ax. As I spin around, I take the ax with me and throw it right back.

"Here," I say, "I don't need this."

Sinestro calls forth a wall, his ax hits it but the impact still shakes him.

"Boss," Boodikka says, turning to me. Growling like a dog, she fires her ring, and this time, a giant monster forms. With four arms, horns, and hundreds of sharp teeth, the monster shrieks at me as it charges.

Preparing to blast the beast, I pull back both my hands and focus. A green ball, forged from my own pure will, I'm about to throw it at the beast and destroy it completely but before I can, two lasers hit the beast first.

The beast screams as the lasers pierce through, vanishing seconds later. Looking down, I see Kara flying to my side.

"Get behind me," I say, showing Kara my green ball. "This is going to be big."

Nodding her head, Kara gets behind me. Meanwhile, I look at Sinestro, Boodikka, and all the surrounding yellow lanterns and fliers.

"It'd been a blast," I say, "Or it's going to be."

Raising the green ball above my head, I summon a small platform beneath me to throw the ball into. Breaking as it hits, it unleashes a burst of green energy, the energy traveling out in waves that hit all yellow lanterns and beta fliers. All the yellow lanterns are sent falling away and all the beta fliers are destroyed.

"What was that," Kara asks, her eyes watching as, besides all the falling betas' pieces, the surrounding green lanterns are glowing brighter than before.

"Something I learned a long time ago," I answer, looking at Hal's ring. "I'm surprised that worked."

Noticing Sinestro and Boodikka in holes in a building, I slowly fly over to them. The two, while not unconscious, are still moaning, groaning, and twitching. Even as I approach them, they do nothing.

Rising my ring, I call forth two clamps to grab Sinestro and Boodikka. Pulling them out, I look at Kara.

"I imagine these two have a lot to tell us. Can you stay here and check on everyone while I take these two to the prison?"

"Of course," Kara says, flying away.

Turning around, heading for Oa's prison cells, I stop when I sense something incoming. Looking up, I see a bolt of lighting heading for me. Quickly, rising my hand, I summon a barrier to block the bolt.

It's only seconds later when more bolts and even lasers start to hit me. Looking through the barrage of attack, I see Black Adam and Hawkgirl firing at me. Keeping my barrier up, I hear rockets and turn around.

Flying toward me is Cyborg, his arm cannon out and in front. Firing a shot, I jump to the side, my hoverboard and the clamps disappearing as I summon a second hoverboard to land on. After landing, I turn around to see Cyborg catches Sinestro and Boodikka. Flying away, I chase after him but stop when Black Adam and Hawkgirl attack. They force me back before leaving with Cyborg.

As I watch the five of them disappear, I turn my head when I hear someone shouting.

"You," Kilowog screams as he flies to me, glowing bright green. "You did this. What is this?"

Spreading out his arms, he stares at them before looking at me.

"It's called a power-up," I answer. "You have more energy in your ring than before. Don't thank me."

"I wasn't," Kilowog growls. As he leans forward, he notices the ring on my finger. "And where did you get that, Poser? Whose finger that you pulled that from?"

"Hal Jordan, but don't worry your big, ugly head, he's not dead. I'm just borrowing his ring."

"No one can borrow another green lantern's ring," Kilowog says, "And even more, no one can just put one on. You're doing something, and I'm going to find out. And I'll start by taking that ring back."

Kilowog reaching forward, I push his hand aside and kick him back. Flying back, he aims his ring at me. I aim Hal's ring at him. Energy gathering in the rings, we fire them.

Before our will could clash, however, someone jumps in and stops us. Ceasing our attacks, we look to see Arisia floating in between us. She's glowing bright green and is holding out her hands.

"Stop," she yells, looking between the two of us. "Stop. You two are on the same side. Why are you attacking each other?"

"He stole Hal's ring," Kilowog answers, pointing a finger at me.

"I didn't steal this ring," I yell back. "Well, actually, I did but it was to help you morons. You know. what? You want this back. Go nuts."

Without so much as a second thought, I pull off Hal's ring.

"Wait no," Arisia screams, flying toward me.

As I pull off Hal's ring, everything on me vanishes. My green sunglasses turn back to their regular black and blue. My lantern armor turns to dust. My hoverboard disappears, and I start to fall.