Chapter 47: Rescue Mission

Ganthet:

"Follow me," I say, leading Atrocitus away from the meeting chamber. We stay close to the wall and as low as possible to avoid any detection. While on the ground level, I stop and look up. I see green lanterns flying out of the meeting chamber and spreading out.

"They're searching for us," I think, putting up my hands and telling Atrocitus to stop. "Hello? Earthling? Are you there? Can you hear me? Hello?"

"I can hear you fine," the earthling replies, his tiny bug landing on the wall beside the two of us. "Listen. I'm sending help, but I need you two to stay hidden as long as you can. This spot is okay, but it's close to the meeting chamber. There'll be a lot of activity but you and Atrocitus should be fine as long as you stay quiet. Understood."

"Understood," I answer.

"If you need anything, just talk to the bug."

I then hear a click and that is it. I don't hear the Earthling's voice anymore. With the silence, I start to think back to what I just did.

"I can't believe I did that," I say to myself. "I can't believe I actually did that. I broke Atrocitus out and now I'm hiding from the green lanterns, waiting for a rescue from an Earthling with a pair of sunglasses."

As I think about it more and more, I stop and shake my head.

"No," I say, closing my hands. "I had to do this. Maybe I'm wrong or not, but I will learn soon enough. Until then."

I then look at Atrocitus as he stays crouching on the ground.

"We have to stay hidden."

Supergirl:

"You what," Jason says, holding out his hands.

"Again," The Man says, putting his phone into one of his jacket pockets. "Before we left Oa, I sent out some B. to act as my eyes and ears in case something was about to happen. Unfortunately, it turns out I was right. Something was about to happen."

"But there's no way," Jaime yells, "There's no way the green lanterns were really about to execute Atrocitus."

"Do you want to listen to the audio file?"

The Man reaches back in and pulls out his cell phone.

"Believe me," Barry says, "As much as I don't want to either, it's true."

"We can vouch," Oliver adds, pointing at Hal and himself. "We all heard it through The Man's phone. Thankfully, The Man put the call on speaker."

"I know it's rude and whatnot," The Man comments, "But in this case, it was helpful. Anyway, the Rusted still needs repair, but I don't know how long Ganthet and Atrocitus can stay hidden."

"Ganthet," Dinah repeats, "One of the Guardian?"

"Yeah," Laria answers. "He's the one that freed Atrocitus. Now he and Atrocitus need our help."

"What can we do to help," I ask, stepping forward.

"I'm going to stay here and fix the Rusted," The Man answers. "It should only be a few more minutes. Meanwhile, you and Laria will need to go back to Oa. Just remember to try not to draw any attention. We're not exactly welcome there anymore."

"You want Supergirl and Laria to go back to Oa to try and rescue Ganthet and Atrocitus," Reverse-Flash says. "Are you serious? That's practically a suicide mission. No, that is in fact, a suicide mission."

"No," The Man says. "A suicide mission would be all of us going there. If Kara and Laria go there alone, they have a better chance of flying in undetected and flying back out to the Rusted, which will be docked closer but still out of sight. Understood."

"That depend," Cheetah says, "We already got two ringless green lanterns with us. The blue leprechaun I can see being useful but what about the big red guy?"

The Man answers Cheetah by pulling out a red lantern ring from one of his pockets and giving it to me.

"Here," he says, putting the ring right in my palm. "At the first chance, give that to Atrocitus. It may not be his red ring, but tell him he can consider that a loan."

I nod my head and jump before flying into the air. I turn my head when I see Laria flies to my side. Together, the two of us fly back to Oa.

The Man:

"Okay," I say, looking at everyone as they look at me. "The thrusters are near-ready. I just need to clean a few blades and tighten some bolts. When everything is ready, we launch. Until then, prepare for a fight. Possibly, against a planet."

"Awesome," Oliver says, raising his bow and pulling the string back. "Well, in that case, I think I'm going to need a bigger bow."

While the others prepare, I walk to the railing and jump over the side. Summoning and landing on a red hoverboard, I fly over to the remaining thrusters and jump right into them.

Ganthet:

"Stay down," I whisper, waving my hand at Atrocitus as I see some green lanterns flying above us. Despite how many lanterns have already left the meeting chamber, there are still many staying with the Guardians. They're hovering, staying guards.

As Atrocitus and I drop to our knees, I hear a familiar voice.

"Ganthet," the Earthling says through the tiny robot still on the wall. "Ganthet, are you there?"

"I'm here," I reply. "Where are you?"

"Far, far, away," the Earthling replies. "But don't worry. Supergirl and Laria are coming to rescue you, but they need to find you first. Where are you?"

"We're at the meeting chamber," I answer.

"The meeting chamber? Are you serious? Why? That's a horrible place to hide."

"We did not have much time to hide," I yell. "Your smoke trap worked but only for a little bit. Atrocitus and I are hiding near the ground floor."

"Okay. I relay the information to Supergirl and Laria. Just be ready for a quick rescue."

"Understood."

Supergirl:

"Careful," Laria says as the two of us approach Oa. As we fly closer to Oa, the first thing I see is Mogo.

"Hold up," Laria says, using her ring to grab me.

"What are you doing," I yell, breaking free of the bond and turning back to Laria.

"Hide," Laria yells, using her ring again to grab and throw me behind an asteroid. Laria also hiding behind the stray asteroid, she peeks around the side. "If Mogo sees us, then it's over. He'll destroy us with one blast."

"So what do we do," I ask. "How do we get to Oa when Mogo is guarding it?"

Before Laria could answer, we both hear a massive boom. Many more booms follow it.

"I know that sound," I say, looking around the asteroid. "Oh no."

The booms are coming from dozen and dozen, as The Man called them, boom tubes. They're opening all over Oa, and once more, parademons are flying out of them. They swarm all over Mogo, and even when Mogo fires and hits hundreds of them, there were thousands more to replace them. In only a few seconds, the parademons cover Mogo.

While the parademons attack Mogo, I see Darkseid flies out of one of the boom tubes. He is surrounded by fierce-looking people.