Chapter 41: Turnover

The Man:

Running up the ramp, Saint Walker still in my arms, I reach the main deck and gently throw him into the arms of Jaime and Jason.

"Get him to the Doc," I order, "And while you two are down there, tell him to hold on for dear life."

Jaime and Jason don't even bother to say anything. They nod their heads and quickly leave. Meanwhile, I run to the bridge. As I run, I see my red bull charging and galloping. It's knocking green lanterns around and drawing all their attention.

The second I can, I activate the Rusted's thrusters. I can hear the thrusters roaring as they shoot out flames.

"Prepare for immediate take-off," I shout. It takes only a few seconds before the thrusters start to pull the Rusted and she starts to sail.

Guy Garnder:

Screaming as the man with the red ring's crazy bull knocks me back, I hit and bounce off the ground. Holding my chest as I look at the crazy beast, I see the strange pirate ship taking off. There are dozens of rockest behind it, pushing it into the sky.

"Oh no you don't," I say, focusing my will and taking off. "Lobo! Tomar-Re! You two with me. Now! The rest of you, put that damn, rabid animal down!"

Lobo and Tomar-Re follow after me and the three of us chase after the ship.

Harleen:

As the Rusted flies through the sky, I look over the railing and see some green dots heading for us.

"Incoming," I yell, pointing at the dots.

Even before anyone can react, the green dots reach us and I see some familiar and ugly faces.

"Bring that ship down," Bowl HairCut says. He along with Butt-Ugly and Fish-Face aim their rings at the Rusted. They fire and hit the shield, the shield turning red.

"Return fire," The Man shouts. Right away, Leonard, Oliver, and even Supergirl join me at the railing. We all fire back but the green lanterns fly around and dodge them. I watch as Butt-Ugly and Bowl Haircut fly down and disappear, leaving only Fish-Face.

Fish-Face screams as he shoots out his arm and unleashes a giant green beam. The Rusted's shield manages to withstand the green beam, but as the beam dispenses, something else starts to happen. The Rusted starts to tilt.

Lobo:

"Smart thinking," I say, smiling as Garnder and I use our rings to grab the ship and turn it over.

"Yeah," Garnder replies, "The problem with pirate ship. They have no cover."

Laughing, I summon a giant hand and grab the ship. Some sort of shield appears and stops my hand. So instead, I grab and shield and turn it over.

"Enjoy the fall, bastich."

The Man:

"Oh no," I say as the entire Rusted starts to tilt over.

My feet already sliding off the floor, I readjust myself and grab the Rusted's wheel. The Rusted is still tilting so I have to move fast.

"Hold on," I yell, "Everyone! Hold on to something now!"

As soon as I said those words, the whole ship tilts and falls to her side. Like the Rusted herself, we all start to fall as well. Sliding against the floor, I grab the railing before I can fall off the side. Looking toward the others as they claw at the floor and try to hold on, I run along the railing and jump.

"I got you," I say, grabbing Flash's hand. Flash looks up at me as I pull out a sword and stab the Rusted's deck. "Yeah, yeah, don't get carried away. As much as I have no problem seeing you fall, I do have a problem with a sad Iris."