Chapter 55: A Spark

A/N Last Day before the New Year

Cheetah:

Shooting out my claws and digging them into the floorboard, I'm able to withstand the super parademon's punch. However, I can still feel my stomach aching.

"Ahh," I moan, holding my stomach. The super parademon roars as it jumps and flies into the air. Snarling as I pull up my hand, I jump into the air and cut the super parademon, the monster falling as my newly enhanced claws tear it apart.

Trying to use these few seconds to catch my breath, I stop when I hear someone screaming. Looking up, I see a super parademon holding Green Arrow by his arm. His bow on the floor beneath him, the super parademon blasts Green Arrow with its laser vision. Green Arrow is knocked into the ship's railing. He is screaming as the super parademon keeps up his laser vision.

Once more, I snarl before running toward the super parademon. Jumping and leaping past a few parademons, I jump and cut this parademon right out of the way. Landing and skidding on the floor, I run and grab the bow before the parademon could fall on it.

"Here," I say, throwing his bow at him.

Shaking his head as he pulls himself up, Green Arrow takes his bow back.

"Thanks," he says.

"Don't mention it."

About to run off, I stop when I see the war machines moving aside. They're clearing a path for something. No, no something but someone.

"Who are they," I ask, looking over the ship to see some old lady with four other women. They're all standing in the middle of war machines, and for some strange reason, the war machines have stopped shooting.

"Furies," the old lady yells, raising some sort of staff. "Attack!"

I watch as one out of the four women grabs a nearby war machine and throws it at the ship.

"Watch out," Green Arrow shouts, tackling me to the floor.

The Man:

Holding up one of my swords, I block Kalibak's mace. While he pushes against my sword, he raises his mace again and tries to hit me. However, in that split second, I reach for a kunai and throw it. It explodes and unleashes a smoke cloud that forces Kalibak back. As he steps back, I spin and push myself up.

Still stunned by the smoke, I run up and punch Kalibak in his stomach before punching him across the face. Knocking Kalibak into the air and through a wall, I turn to see Darkseid looking at me.

"You're stronger than you look," he says, his arms falling to his sides. "No matter. You cannot beat me."

"Believe me," I say, adjusting my sunglasses. "I can, but I won't. At least, not like before."

Darkseid jumps into the air and fires his omega beams. The beams travel in a crooked pattern as they head for me. Jumping and rolling out of the way of the beams, I look up to see Darkseid falling toward me. Once more, I jump out of the way but while in mid-air, Darkseid grabs me. Holding me in front, he punches me with a glowing fist. The attack sends me flying through the air and crashing through the wall, exactly like Kalibak.

Superman:

Kara screams as she pulls her hand before shooting it forward. A bright-red beam shoots out and comes for me. Barely flying out of the way in time, I fly toward Kara as fast as I can. Reaching her before she could react, I grab her neck and punch her in the head over and over again.

"Kara," I shout, "Knock it off! Stop this now!"

"Never," Kara shouts back. Once more, she fires a red beam but unlike before, it hits me. The beam pushes me back. Pulling back her hands once more, she fires a red beam for the third time. Seeing this, I fire off my own beam: a yellow beam.