Chapter 42: Escape from Oa

The Man:

"Why couldn't you have just built a normal spaceship," Flash complains as I throw him onto a railing with Cheetah. "Normal spaceships have roofs. They have ceilings. Pirate ships don't."

Jumping and landing on the railing with the two of them, I look at Flash.

"Shut up you," I say. Turning back, I run along the railing until I'm back at the bridge. Looking up, I see the Rusted's wheel. "Hope this works."

Taking a giant leap, I jump from the railing and toward the wheel. Grabbing the wheel and landing on the post it's attached to, I start to make as many adjustments as possible.

"I have to reset the Rusted's stabilizers," I start, adjusting the wheel while flipping over some levers. I look toward the main mast as it starts to blink between green and red. "I then have to fix the artificial gravity and restart the thrusters."

Carefully climbing so I don't fall, I check the gauges.

"The shield also needs to be restarted, and the atmosphere generator is losing power. I should be able to fix everything from here. At least, long enough for us to escape."

I grab and turn over a few more levers. Once the levers are flipped, I move to push some buttons. After pushing the final button, I turn a dial and look back at the main mast. The main mast stop blinking and stay green.

"Not exactly my favorite color at the moment."

"Hey," someone screams, "Hello! Can you hear me?"

"Now is a bad time, Doc," I say after grabbing the radio. "What is it?"

"What is going on up there," the Doc yells, "I'm standing on a wall."

"I suggest getting your feet back on the floor in a few seconds."

Ending the call and putting the radio back, I look at all the gauges as they turn green and show stable readings. With one pull of the wheel, the Rusted turns right side up. I can hear the sighs of everyone as they stay flat on the floor.

"Is everyone alright," I yell. Everyone looks at me and I shake my head. "Yeah, yeah, minus almost falling off the Rusted, is everyone alright?"

"We're fine," Oliver yells, bringing up a shaking thumb-up.

"Speak for yourself," Reverse-Flash whines, "I think I threw up in my mouth."

"As long as it's not on my ship," I say, walking over to the railing. "It's fine."

I look over and see Kara and Laria in a fight against Lobo and Garnder. As I watch, I feel the red ring shakes.

"My bull," I say, no longer sensing its presence. I lower my head and close my eyes. "Thanks for the help."

A moment of silence passed and I open my eyes. Looking past Kara and Laria, I try to find Harleen and Arisia but I don't see them anywhere.

"We can't leave Oa," I think, "Kara and Laria can survive space but not Harleen and a ringless Arisia. Come on. Come on. Where are you two idiots?"

Harleen:

Screaming as Fish-Face conjures something like a fly swatter and uses it to hit us, I wrap my arms around Arisia and shield her. The fly swatter sends me flying away but I manage to steady myself. Shooting out my hand, I conjure my own weapon.

"Hey Fish-Face," I yell, "Want to see how I fish?"

I squeeze the trigger and shoot bullets at Fish-Face. However, Fish-Face swings his hand and summons a bubble. The bubble protects Fish-Face as my bullets bounce off.