Chapter 61: Therapy

Parallax:

I feel my power grow as I loom over the home of the Green Lanterns. I can smell their fear. I can taste it. It tastes so sublime. As my power grows ever stronger, no one can stop me as I head for the central battery of the Green Lanterns.

The Man:

"I cannot believe it," Ganthet says, rubbing the sides of his blue head. "Sinestro had unleashed Parallax, but how?"

"I guess," I answer, "With a little help from Superman and his countless resources. We need to stop Parallax before he can destroy the Green Lanterns battery."

"The Green Lanterns Battery," Atroctius repeats, "How can you be sure he is heading there?"

"Well, for one," I say, putting up a finger. "He's floating in that general direction. Two, it's the quickest way to destroy all the Green Lanterns at once. By destroying the battery, all and every green lantern ring will immediately die out, rendering the holder completely powerless."

"And vulnerable to the betas and yellow lanterns," Cold adds, bringing up his cold gun, "But wait, isn't the central power already dead? I mean, wasn't that the whole reason for kicking out Laria and Arisia?"

"No," Laria says, all of us turning to face her now. Walking out from below deck, she had Saint Walker by her side. Laria raises her ring but it glows weakly. "According to the Guardians, our battery was drained of any extra power and damaged but it wasn't destroyed."

"Not yet," I say, turning to see Parallax still traveling. "Not if we don't do anything."

"So what's the plan," Green Arrow says, pulling out his bow and a few arrows. As he does this, everyone else starts to prepare. Cheetah's claws come out. Professor Stein and Jason fuse together. Jaime activates his blue beetle suit, his wings opening and his arm turning into a blade. As everyone else prepares, Saint Walker walks up to Kara. He points at her hand.

"Oh sorry," Kara says. She pulls off the blue ring and gives it back to Saint Walker. Saint Walker puts the ring back on and his blue suit and glow return.

"Hold on," I say, putting up a hand. "Almost everyone is here."

"Almost everyone," Flash repeats. "Who's not here?"

"Arisia. Where is she?"

"I couldn't convince her to join us," Laria says with a heavy sigh. "She's still in the infirmary with the doctor."

"Shoot," I say. "We don't have time to snap Arisia out of it."

"Go ahead," Harleen says, stepping forth. "Go and save the lousy green lanterns."

"Thanks," Laria says.

"I'll stay here and bring in the reinforcement, but first I need said reinforcement ring."

As Harleen holds out her hand, I look right at her. I stare Harleen right into her eyes. As I stare, I see a tiny spark of something.

"Here," I say, reaching into my pocket and giving her the ring. "Best of luck."

With that and a nod of her head, Harleen runs downstairs. Meanwhile, the rest of us walk to the railing.

"So again," Green Arrow says, looking at the yellow storm cloud as it is now firing yellow beams and destroying buildings along its way to the central building. "What's the plan?"

Harleen:

"Where is she," I yell as I kick open the infirmary's door. Running in, I look around but I don't see Arisia anywhere. The only person I see is Dr. Crane with his back against the wall.