Chapter 62: Double Trouble

The Man:

I run and then drop to the ground, sliding across it. As I slide, I pull out my twin swords and slice the legs of many betas in half. As they all fall down, they try to push themselves up but I reach into my jacket and throw kunai at them, immediately destroying all of them.

I hear the footsteps of a beta from behind and turn around. Slicing the annoying robot right down the middle, I then kick the two halves apart. As the two halves fall, they open up like a door and reveal even more betas charging in, all of them with their hands up.

The first dozen of betas in front simultaneously shoot out the hook in their palms. Prepare to cut all of them, dual laser beams shoot out from the sky and destroy the lineup of betas. The only things left behind are melted blue and white puddles.

Looking up, I see Kara flying over me. She nods her head and turns around to face the yellow lanterns. While she, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Atrocitus face off against the yellow lanterns, everyone else is holding off against the betas. Everyone except Ganthet and myself.

"Come on," Ganthet says, waving his tiny blue hand. "We must hurry!"

He flies through the air toward the battery.

"Hold on," I say, chasing after Ganthet. "I can fly but for the safety of everyone on Oa, I rather not."

Having to cut through a few more betas as they try to stop me, I look up to see Ganthet using his power to destroy some incoming beta fliers. He hits them with his psychic power, blowing them up from afar. Once the coast is clear, we move up.

"We must make it to the central battery before Parallax does," Ganthet says, looking up. Parallax is already far ahead of us, but some green lanterns are barely managing to hold him back.

While Ganthet is looking at Parallax, he doesn't see a beta flier flying right at him. Running and jumping, I roll through the air and slice the flier in halves. Ganthet looks at me as I land in between two explosives.

"I'm not the one who's sightseeing," I say, pointing at Ganthet with my sword. "Now move your floating blue butt."

Now leading the way, Ganthet follows after me as we run to Oa's meeting chamber.

Kilowog:

"Kilowog," Tomar-Re shouts. Hearing him, I look down at my flashing ring and rise my hand. Tomar-Re's face comes up, along with yellow beams and flying betas right behind him.

"Kilowog," Tomar-Re shouts again, stopping only when an explosive force him to stop. He turns around and fires off some green blasts. "Listen to me! Quickly! We managed to hold back Parallax, the yellow lanterns, and all of Superman's betas but just barely! You must hurry! Evacuate Guardians!"

Tomar-Re screams when there's another explosive. His face disappears as he turns around and flies away.

I rise my glowing green lantern ring and look at the Guardians as they prepare to leave. Lining up and following after one another, I shoot out my hand and they stop.

"Guy," I say, "Come in. Guy."

Guy Garnder's face appears from my ring.

"Is everything ready?"

"Everything is ready," Guy answers. "Lobo and I are here guarding the ship. Are you and the Guardians ready?"

"We're ready," I say. Guy nods his head and he vanishes. I lower my hand and look behind at the Guardians.

"This way," I say, leading the Guardian toward the emergency spaceship. As we all approach the spaceship, my ring starts to flash and beep.

"Hold on," I scream, shooting out my ring and summoning a barrier. I look up and see a bunch of rockets flying toward us. My barrier manages to protect us from the rockets' impact but the Guardians' escape ship is destroyed. Nothing is left but a smoking pile of metals.

"Where did that come from," Garnder yells from behind a barrier. He drops the barrier and walks out.

"There," Lobo shouts, pointing at the sky. Looking at where Lobo is pointing, I see the traitor, Arisia, holding some sort of weapon. Standing in a spaceship with the One Earth symbol on it, she aims the weapon at us and fires.

Harleen:

"Hi-ya," I scream, using my giant hammer to flatten a beta. The beta begins flatter than a pancake, I look up to see Arisia swings her hand. As she swings, she fires a bunch of green blasts that hit some yellow lanterns. However, the yellow lanterns hardly seem fazed by this. They all aim their yellow rings at us and fire.

"Watch out! Fly!"

I jump into the air and my rocket boots turn on. Now flying through the air, I grab Arisia before she could be hit.

"Cherry pie bomb!"

A pie with a cherry on top forming in my hand, I wind up my arm before throwing it at the yellow lanterns. As the pie travel through the air, a small sprinkle on the cherry's stem reaches the cherry itself and explodes. It sends the yellow lanterns flying everywhere. While a few are thrown away, a few hit the surrounding buildings and the ground.

"Seriously," I say, facing Arisia. "Talk to Sunglasses Man. Ask him how you can get a stronger will, because, no offense, that was really weak."

"Uhh," Arisia says, clearing her throat. "You can let me go now."

"Oh," I say, only now realizing I'm still holding Arisia, my arm around her waist. I let go of her and she flies back a little.

"Come on," she says, waving her arm. "According to the others, Ganthet and The Man went this way."

"Hold on," I say, trying to steer with the rocket boots. "Not all of us fly frequently. Come on. Come on! Ouch!"

I fly into a building and accidentally hit my shoulder. Shaking my head, I adjust the angle of my rocket boots and follow after Arisia. As the two of us approach the Guardians' meeting chamber, Arisia stops me and points to something.

"The Guardians," Arisia says, pointing to the smoking leftover of what looks like a spaceship. "And Kilowog."

"Ahh, son of a bastard," I say. "That ugly guy again. Really?"

"Hold on," Arisia says, grabbing my wrist and pointing to something else. Another spaceship hovering nearby, I see Arisia firing rockets from the spaceship.

"That's me," Arisia says, looking at the other Arisia. "Wait, but that can't be me? How can that be me?"

"I don't know," I say, looking between the Arisia shooting rockets and the Arisia flying beside me. As the other Arisia fires rockets, the Arisia standing beside me snaps out of it. She flies toward Kilowog and the Guardians, blasting the rockets and destroying them before they can hit.

Flying through the smoke cloud, Arisia drops in between the rocket shooting Arisia and Kilowog.

Arisia:

"Arisia," Kilowog screams. He, along with Garnder and Lobo who are nearby, aim their rings at me but they don't shoot. "But wait, how can there be two of you?"

"I don't know," I answer, "But for now, get the Guardians out of here. Garnder, Lobo, and I will give you as much cover as we can."

Kilowog stares at me. He looks me in the eyes. I meet his gaze. As we stare at each other, I start to feel something. I start to see something else.

"My ring," I say, looking at my green lantern ring. It appears to be glowing brighter than before. Kilowog must have noticed this too. He turns around to face the Guardians.

"Guardians," he says, "Back inside."

He motions for the Guardians to run back inside but before they could, a green beam hit the ceiling above them.

"Watch out!"

Using his own ring, Kilowog pushes the Guardians out of the way but is bury himself.

"Kilowog," I shout, now looking at the pile of stone. I turn around to see who fired. There, I see Lobo standing on top of a down Garnder.

"Boom," he says, shooting me a wave.

"Boom," I repeat, wondering what he could means. It then hit me. I turn around to see the other Arisia fires more rockets at me.