Chapter 43: Answer

The Man:

I feel the rage and hope from both the red and blue rings pouring through. The power from them spirals together and forms a protective bubble around the Rusted just as Mogo fires and a massive surge of green energy hit her. Without both of these rings, the blast would have destroyed us all. However, it still knocks all of us down.

"Hold on," I yell, crushing my teeth as I push back. "Everyone, just hold on!"

I break sweat as I step forward. I clench my fist and feel my fingernails dig deep into the palm of my hand.

"Just a little more," I tell myself, taking a step despite Mogo's will to push me back. As I take a step forward, I see cracks start to appear all over the blue and red bubble. Green energy flows through them and begins to attack the Rusted's shield. Her shield is flashing red.

"Come on," I yell, scratching the skin off my palm. "I can do this."

"So can I," Laria screams, running to my side. Looking at me, Laria copies my pose and shoots out her green ring. Green energy shoots out and hits my red and blue bubbles. Not only did she seals the cracks but also adds another layer of protection. Altogether, with three rings, we withstand Mogo's attack. As Mogo's beam dies down, Laria falls but I catch her in time. Falling right into my arms, I kneel down.

"Hey," I say, pushing a strand of hair out of the way. "Thanks for the help. You okay?"

"I'm fine," Laria moans while smiling. "Just a little tired."

"Awesome," I say, looking at Mogo. Mogo may have pushed us back quite a way but we're still within range for another attack. Already, I can see Mogo powering himself up. Green energy is flowing from his ring into the circle in front of him.

I place Laria against the railing and run.

Supergirl:

I see The Man gently place Laria against the ship's railing before leaving her. He runs and jumps over a few people before running up the stairs and grabbing the ship's wheel. I fly into the air before landing beside him.

"What are you doing," I ask.

"I'm turning the Rusted around," The Man starts, "And we're running away. Well, actually, we're sailing away."

He throws the wheel and steps back. We watch as the wheel spins, the whole thing turning into a blur. The Rusted fully turns around in only a matter of seconds. Once it does, The Man grabs the wheel again and pulls a lever. I hear the thrusters in the back turn on and launch us away.

Superman:

When I hear the doors open, I turn away from the window and face both Diana and Black Adam.

"Superman," Diana says, "We have something to tell you."

"What is it," I ask.

"According to our spy on Oa, the man in the sunglasses, along with the entire Insurgency, have left the Green Lantern Corps."

"What? When? Why?"

"Apparently, it was because of two other green lanterns. They were put on trial for tampering with the Corps's center battery. Before they two could be tried, however, they escaped and flee with the Insurgency. Some green lanterns did try to stop them, but it was no use."

"Superman," Black Adam says, stepping forward. "This is the opportunity we have been waiting for. The Insurgency is no longer on Oa. We can--."

"Wait, wait, wait," I say, cutting Black Adam off. "What do you mean by tampering with the Corp's center battery?"