Chapter 19: A Super Invitation

Arisia:

I see the strange man with glasses fires rockets at us. Before they can hit us, I pull back my beam and call for a shield to protect us.

The rockets hit the shield, I swing my hand and grab all the leftover smoke. Tossing it aside, I couldn't believe my eyes when the man suddenly appears right in front of me. Besides I can do anything, he punches me across the face and knocks me down a later.

The other green lanterns see the man aim their rings at him but before they can fire, the people on the spaceship fire first.

"Hey, green lanterns," someone in a cold coat says, firing some sort of blue gun at the lanterns. "We're allies, but if you want a fight, then here we are!"

His blue gun firing a white beam, it's about to hit Salaak but before it can, he summons a wall to block the beam. Ice covers Salaak's wall, he tries to fire back but the Super rushes him from the side.

"Salaak," I yell, watching as the Salaak drags him from the fight. Wanting to help him, I stop when I see the man charging me. Putting up a second shield, the man bounces off of it.

"Arisia," the man says, shaking his hand. "Stop. We're not with Superman. We're allies."

"Then why did you attack us," I say, aiming my ring at the man.

"Because you attacked us first," the man answers.

"You're allied with Superman. You don't think I know what that S means."

"Kara is not allied with Superman."

"I don't believe you."

The Man:

Arisia swinging her hand, a beam shoots out toward me. Leaning back, I tilt my board and shoot up, dodging the beam. Arisia fires her ring, she chases me away as I circle around her.

"I can't throw any of my kungi," I think, lending up, down, left, and right. "No gravity. Still."

Reaching into my pockets, I pull out two giant handfuls of smoke pellets and slam them together.

Arisia:

The man disappears into a thick cloud of black smoke, I back away and cover my hand. Looking all over, trying to find the man, I give up and shoot out my hand. Calling forth three fans, I blow all the smoke away, only to see an empty space.

"What," I say, flying closer and looking all over. "Where did you go?"

Spinning around, trying to find the man, I stop when I suddenly see the man right in front of me.

"Boo," he says, before pulling back his fist and punching me again.

Flash:

"Hal," I say, shaking the radio in my hands. "Come on! Come on. Hal. Where are you?"

The ship shaking knocking me around, I drop the radio. However, Captain Cold picks the radio off the floor and throws it at me.

"Hey Butterfinger," Captain Cold yells, "Call your idiot friend, will you? Tell him we're here."

"I'm trying," I yell back, vibrating my hand again. The light goes to green, I hold down the button and try to call Hal.

"Hal," I say, "Hal, come on, it's me. Barry. Come on."

Arisia:

"I can't hit this guy," I say, firing another beam. The man flying toward me jumps over the beam and lands back on his flying board. After landing on his board, he reaches into his pocket once more and pulls out what looks like a bunch of tiny knives. Instead of throwing them at me, however, he throws them into the air.