Chapter 2: Return

Supergirl:

As The Man and I look at each other, my hand on his arm, I see he starts to lend closer in.

"What are you doing," I say, stepping back and pulling back my hand.

"I--I---I," The Man stutters, before running out the door. Meanwhile, I'm just standing there, looking at the door.

"What was that," I ask myself, now looking at my hand. Everything just feels weird now. I feel uncomfortable and empty and alone. I feel a headache coming on and replaying what just happened isn't helping.

"What was that," I ask again, slapping my hands against my head. "What was that?"

"Head up," someone screams, snapping me out of my thoughts. Looking up in time, I see Selina in the air, her foot stretches out. Before I could react, Selina hits me in the chest and knock me to the ground. Backflipping through the air, Selina lands gracefully on her knee.

"Supergirl," she starts, standing up. "0. Catwoman: 3."

Walking up to me, Selina then offers me her hand. I roll my eyes before taking it and letting Selina pull me back up.

"Hey," she says, hitting me in the arm. "What's up? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I reply, "Why?"

"Because in the span of ten minutes, I knocked you to the ground three times. Come on, this is supposed to be an, in the man's words, 'an assessment test'. We're supposed to see how well we can handle ourselves in a fight."

"I can handle myself just fine in a fight."

"That's what I thought too, before the last ten minutes."

"Okay. You want to see how well I can handle myself in a fight. Let's go then. Round 3."

"4," Selina says, turning around to walk away. "It's round 4 for the record."

"Okay," I think to myself, "Okay. Time to focus. Just forget about him for a second. Time to fight."

Selina and I are only about ten feet from one another. The two of us in our fighting stance, I'm hovering while Selina is crouching, I am the first to make a move. Flying toward Selina, my fist outward.

About to hit Selina, she jumps right over me.

Stopping before I can hit the wall, I turn around to see Selina land once more on her feet. Pulling out her whip, she snaps it against the ground.

"You're going have to move a lot faster than that," Selina smiles, crouching down again.

"Fine then," I reply, shooting toward Selina again. Despite not jumping, Selina dodges my fist. Stepping out of the way, she then slaps something on my back and pushes me away.

Stumbling a bit, I try to fly but couldn't.

"What the," I scream, turning around only to see Selina's whip go around my feet. Even before I could do anything, she pulls and once again, knock me to the floor.

"Do you want a round 5," Selina asks, offering me her hand again. This time, I get up on my own.

"This doesn't mean anything. Okay?"

"Got it."

"And what did you put on me?"

Once more, I try to fly but can't. Jumping over and over, all that happens is that I fall on the floor.

"It's called an anchor," Selina replies, grabbing and spinning me around. Grabbing something off my back, she then shows me something small and silver.

"An anchor," I repeat.