Chapter 39: Bit of Blue

Saint Walker:

As I enter the room from the ceiling, I see many green lanterns aiming their rings at me. Their rings are glowing brightly in the dark room.

"Hmm," I think, "This was not the greeting I was hoping for. Then again, I was not expecting this."

As I look down, I see two green lanterns tied up and on their knees. Using my ring of hope, I construct walls to protect them. However, I am left defenseless.

"Saint Walker," one of the Guardians repeats, "Uhh, hello. Welcome to Oa. Home of the Green Lanterns."

I smile and nod my head.

"Hello," I say, "And thank you."

I turn my head back to the green lanterns as they keep their rings train on me.

"Please," I start, "Do not judge me for what I am about to do."

"What?"

Moving fast, I aim my ring at the floor and fire. A ball of pure blue energy shoots out, it hits and unleashes a powerful, blinding blue flash. The green lanterns all scream as they step back and fire their rings. Having to fly around and dodge all their attacks, I look at the two.

"Arisia," I say, "Laria. Follow me."

With my walls turning into a sphere, I carry the two out of the room.

"Hey, uh," Arisia starts, "You know our names?"

"Of course I do," I reply.

"How," Laria asks. "I don't think we've ever met before."

"I was told," I say.

"By who?"

Wanting to answer them, I stop when I see green lanterns flying out of the meeting room. Stopping and hiding behind a building, I grab Laria's and Arisia's hands and pull them back.

"I will tell you later," I whisper, "But for now, I suggest we find friendlier grounds. Is there a place we can hide?"

The two look at each other before nodding.

"It's not exactly hiding," Arisia says, "But it's the friendlier place we know recently. Come on. This way."

I check around the corner before waving at the two. Once it's clear, we fly away.

The Man:

"Come on," Harleen screams, looking like an annoying little kid as she jumps up and down while holding the railing. "Come on! Faster! Faster! Can you move any faster?"

"That depends," I reply from the Rusted's bridge as I adjust the landing angle. "Do you think Oa needs a crater the size of Gotham City?"

Slowing her descent as we approach Oa's surface, I thank the Rusted before opening her ramp. Even before the ramp hits the solid surface, Harleen is already running down it.

"Come on," she says, drawing her guns. "The sooner we get to Arisia and Laria, the sooner we can-."

Stopping dead in her track, the bottom of her shoes skidding against the ground, I can see all the way from the Rusted her eyeballs popping out of their sockets. As I look around, everyone's eyes are out of their sockets. I can't blame them. Even I'm a little surprised.

"Saint Walker," I say, stepping off the ramp as I see Saint Walker flying side-by-side with Arisia and Laria. "A pleasure to see you again."

I bow my head when I see the old bastard again.

"Apologies," Saint Walker says as he lands, "But do I know you?"

"My name is," I say.

"I'm sorry," Saint Walker says, "But I didn't-."