Chapter 3: Doctors Appointments

Captain Cold:

"So," I start, my hands on the wheel and my foot on the gas. "Why didn't you go to the 'assessment test'?"

"Because I didn't want to get beaten up by the guy that apparently can summon a giant rock monster," Poison Ivy replies, her arms crossed and her gaze focus on the road ahead. "And also hold his own against Superman. Why didn't you go?"

"Because the guy is neither my boss, nor my friend, nor the bartender at Ace's."

"But didn't he save you from Cyborg, Killer Croc, and Black Adam?"

"How in the living hell did you hear about that?"

"People talked and my plants listened."

Turning to me, she smiles as she uncrosses her arms. Out of thin air, a thick green vine appears and begins to wrap around Ivy's arm, reaching her hand in only a matter of seconds.

"For the record," I say, pointing at the little son of a bitch. "That sunglasses-wearing weirdo and his regime friend brought them to my apartment in the first place. It's only fair that they help, they help me, me, get rid of them."

The end of the vine blooming into some sort of ball, it then opens up, revealing a bunch of teeth. The vine then looks at me before smiling.

I reach for my cold gun, my hand wrapping around the grip.

"Let's see how funny it is when you're nothing more than a block of ice," I whisper before slamming my foot on the brake. Stopping suddenly, Ivy barely managed to shoot out her hand and catch herself.

"Hey, what the hell?"

"We're here," I answer, pulling out my cold gun, the lights turning on and white mist falling from the barrel. "I hope you're not afraid of the doctor."

Opening the car's door, I walk out a little before seeing the infamous Dr. Fate. The guy is about a hundred feet in the air, glowing brighter, and is staring at a bunch of the surrounding buildings.

"What is he doing," Ivy asks, walking to my side.

"No clue," I reply, "That's what we're to find out."

Cupping my free hand around my mouth, I begin to shout.

"Hey! Dr. Fate! Down here!"

The doctor noticing us quickly flies down to us.

"Leonard Snart of Central City," he yells, his voice sounding like it's echoing throughout the sky. "Pamela Isley of Gotham City."

Now floating about ten feet away from us, I start to notice a few things. For one, Dr. Fate's eyes are glowing brightly. Despite floating in the air, I don't see any actual eyeballs, just a pair of bright lights. Second, his blue suit seems different from before. When I saw it in the base, it look just like a normal blue suit. Now, however, it almost seems to be glowing, with lines moving all over it. The third and final thing is when the doctor raises both his hands, balls of magic I guess appear floating above them.

"You two were last seen leaving with the stranger in glasses," Dr. Fate echoes. "Both of you will tell me everything you know about him, and then you will take me to him. Or you will feel our powers."

"Our power," Ivy repeats, turning to look at me.

"Get ready," I whisper, raising my arm and trying to push Ivy back. Just as I thought, Dr. Fate tosses the balls of magic at us. Before they could hit, I turn around and kick Ivy to the ground. Turning back, I aim at the ground and fire.

Supergirl:

"Selina," I scream, watching as Selina is hit by one of Dr. Fate's displacer orbs. The orb hitting Selina right in the chest sent her flying into the car we arrived in.

About to fly to her, Dr. Fate tosses his second orb and stops me.

"Kara Zor-El of the planet, Krypton," Dr. Fate starts, his voice sounding louder than what I expected. "You are friends with the stranger in glasses."

"Stranger in glasses," I repeat, realizing who he is talking about.

"You will tell me everything about him, and then you will take me to him. Or you shall feel our powers."

"Dr. Fate," I start, flying to the same level as he is. "I don't know what's wrong with you, or why you tore up the street like that."

Looking at the part of the street where Dr. Fate literally pulled it apart, revealing the sewers underneath, I clench my fists.

"But I do know this. I'm not telling you anything. Or taking you anywhere."

"You have been warned," Dr. Fate replies, more displacer orbs appearing in his hands. "Prepare yourself."

The Man:

"Prepare yourself," our Dr. Fate roars, displacer orbs appearing in his hands. Tossing them, Oliver and I jump out of the way as they hit the street and explode.

"Kent," Oliver yells, hiding behind a piece of a destroyed wall. "Kent, what are you doing? Come on, it's me. Oliver."

Peeking out from behind the wall, Oliver quickly ducks behind it when Kent throws another orb.

"You are not important to us Olive Queen of Star City," Dr. Fate says, his hands starting to glow brighter than himself. "Stay out of this. We only want the stranger with the glasses."

"The stranger with the glasses respectfully denies wanting to talk with you," I say, getting up from my knee and reaching for a kunai in my jacket. "All of you."

Tossing my kunai at Dr. Fate, he waves his glowing hand and catches it. An eerie glow surrounds my kunai, Dr. Fate waves his hand once more and my kunai drops to the ground.

"We are not asking for your permission," Dr. Fate says, shooting me with his hand. Now the eerie glow surrounding me, Dr. Fate wastes no time and flies away.

Carrying me away, Oliver fires a bunch of arrows at Dr. Fate. Exploding all over him, he screams and uses both his hands to cover his head. The glow around me disappears, I drop toward the ground.

"Thanks," I say, shooting Oliver a thumb-up.

Oliver nods his head, we look back at Dr. Fate, his hands no longer covering his face.

"You will regret doing that."

Dr. Fate raises his hands into the air and a massive, golden cross then appears. Raising his hands once more, he then slams them down, the cross following after.

The cross is about to hit Oliver but before it can, I run to him and grab the back of his suit. Tossing him away, the cross hits me instead and knocks me to the ground. Once again, Dr. Fate shoots me with a magical beam and traps me in the same eerie glow.

Flying away, Oliver once again fires a bunch of arrows at us. However, this time, Dr. Fate is more than prepared. Conjuring up a wall to block the arrows, they all drop before exploding.

Preparing more arrows, I already knew it was pointless. Dr. Fate and I are too far away for Oliver to hit. I watch as the emerald archer gets smaller and smaller, before vanishing out of sight completely.