Chapter 69: Self-Sacrifice

Supergirl:

"Okay, okay, okay," I say, flying back into the building with Kilowog and the other Guardians. "Time to go! Time to go!"

The Man and I using our rings shoot out our hands and summon a platform for everyone to step on. The Man doesn't even have to explain it to them. They all immediately step onto the platform. Surrounding the platform and them in a small bubble, The Man and I carry them out. We fly together for a bit before The Man stops.

"What are you doing," I ask, "Why did you stop?"

"I think he might need his ring back more than you," The Man says, pointing down. I look down and see Saint Walker with crossed arms. "I can hold Kilowog and the Guardians by myself. You give Saint Walker his ring back and then go find the others. Tell them to go to the Rusted immediately. We don't have much time."

I nod my head and leave The Man. Flying down to Saint Walker, he holds out his hand. As much as I don't want to, I take off the blue ring and give it back to him.

"What is going on," he asks after putting the ring back on. "Why is Oa shaking? Where is Parallax? Where is Ganthet?"

"Ganthet is," I say before stopping. I swallow the lump in my throat and muster up the courage. "He's gone. Ganthet is gone."

Saint Walker's expression changes as soon as he hears the news. His arms fall to his sides and his eyes go wide. They shine with tears.

"Ganthet is gone," Saint Walker repeats. He brings up his hand and rubs his blue ring. He only stops when Oa shakes.

"Yes, he is," I quickly say. "And so are we if we don't leave Oa. We need to get back to the Rusted."

"Wait," Saint Walker says as I turn to fly away. "What about Arisia and Harleen? Have you seen them?"

"No," I say, slapping myself on the head. "I completely forgot about them. Listen. We need to move fast. You stay here and try to find those two. I haven't seen them lately so they can't be far. I need to find Barry and Selina and all the others and get them back to the Rusted."

"Of course," Saint Walker says. He jumps into the air and flies toward the ruined building. Meanwhile, I leave to find the others.

Atrocitus:

I hear screaming and turn to see Laria falling toward the ground. Jumping before diving through the air, I fly toward Laria and catch her before she could hit the ground.

"Laria," I say, dropping her off at the top of the barrier. "What is the meaning of this? Why can you not fly?"

"My ring," Laria says. "It's powerless. It had been drained of all green energy. The battery."

"The battery," I repeat. I turn and look at where the green lantern battery was held, only to see a faded smoke trail rising into the air. "No. The Man had failed. The battery is destroyed."

I turn my head again when I see all of the yellow lanterns leaving. They stop fighting and turn to leave. Even most of the beta fliers are leaving. The only ones staying behind are a few flies and the beta foot soldiers.

"What is going on," Flash asks. "Where are they going?"

"They're leaving," Cheetah answers. "At least, most of them are, but why?"

"Because Oa is only hours from being destroyed," someone answers. A few seconds later, lasers rain down from above, destroying the betas and betas fliers that have stayed.

We all look up to see Supergirl flying toward us. She lands on the top of the barrier and looks at all of us.

"Oa is only hours from being destroyed," Laria repeats. "What are you talking about?"