Chapter 66: Ganthet

Superman:

"Superman," the man with the sunglasses shouts. He spins one of his swords around before catching it.

"I didn't come for a-" I try to say before the man runs forward and jumps into the air. He screams and pulls back his swords. I barely have enough seconds to get out of the way as I watch the man land and slice off an entire section of the platform.

"Wait," I scream, putting up my hands. "I don't want to fight. I'm here to-"

Once again, the man cuts me off before I can finish. He throws one of his knives and it hits me, blanketing me in a smoke cloud. Before I could use my super breath to blow it away, the man leaps and grabs onto me. He wraps one arm around my throat and the other arm around his hand.

"Ahh," I scream as I fly through the sky and into space.

Arisia:

Watching as The Man fights Superman, Harleen and I are left alone to handle Parallax.

"Uhh," Harleen says, guns forming in her hands. "Got any idea how to beat a storm cloud?"

"Maybe we can help," a familiar voice says. We turn around and now I also have to fight back the tears in my eyes. "Supergirl. Saint Walker. Glad to see you two here."

Supergirl and Saint Walker fly toward us before landing on the platform.

"We saw everything from afar," Supergirl says. "We know the Guardians are safe inside."

"With the battery," I add.

"They will not be safe for very long," Saint Walker says. He points at Parallax as he's powers up and fires another yellow beam. The beam hits the building, sending an eruption of rock and dust into the air.

"The building has been breached," I shout, running and jumping into the air. I look down and see through a hole in the roof the battery. The Guardians and Kilowog are safely protected under a green shield but the battery seems to be flickering.

Screaming as I fly toward Parallax, I spin and swing my ring, a bright-green wave shooting out. It hits Parallax but it doesn't seem to faze him.

My green wave shatters into tiny pieces and Parallax looks up. He fires another yellow beam but I manage to summon a shield. However, it's not strong enough. It breaks almost instantly and I'm sent flying back.

Almost hitting a building, I instead land on a giant, soft, blue hand.

"I got you," Saint Walker says with his ring out in front. I thank him and jump off the hand. I fly back toward Parallax as he starts to move toward the battery.

Ganthet:

Even with help from Supergirl and Saint Walker, Arisia and Harleen can't seem to beat Parallax. They attack him relentlessly but with only a breath, he simply blasts them away.

"That is enough," I think as I jump and fly into the air.

"Ganthet," Ranakar screams. "What are you doing?"

"I'm helping," I answer as I fly out of the building. Screaming as I charge toward Parallax, I shoot out my hands and focus my power.

"Guardian of Oa," Parallax says in a deep voice. "Do not fool yourself. Whether there is one of you or many of you, you cannot beat me. I am Parallax. I am the living embodiment of fear. I am yellow energy itself."

As much as I hate to even think it, Parallax is right. I hit Parallax with all my power but it doesn't even seem to faze him. He didn't even flinch. I keep my hands up and fire at him with all my might but it never bothers him. Parallax waits until I can't keep my hands anymore to attack. He gathers yellow energy in his mouth before firing.

It hits and knocks me to the ground.

"Ganthet," Harleen says running up to me. She drops to her knee and helps me up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I answer, brushing some rocks and dust off my shoulder. I shake my head and look up. Parallax is moving closer and closer to the battery. Once more, I jump and fly into the air. I get in between him and the battery and fire again.

"You shall not enter," I yell, pouring everything I have into keeping Parallax back. He tries to get lines of black cloud past me but I destroy them immediately. However, as I keep pushing Parallax back, I begin to feel dizzy.

My arms and hands and even my head start to hurt. I feel myself running out of breath. My whole body is shaking, but I have to fight through it all.

Now choking on the air itself, my hands and arms lower a little. Parallax must have seen this. The moment it happens, he smiles, and I feel a cold run down my back. Parallax opens his mouth and fires.

I push against his yellow beam but I can't keep it back. The yellow beam is about to hit me but before it could, something comes in between me and the yellow beam. It shields me from the yellow beam, the yellow energy scattering all over.

"Leave him to me," The Man says as he flies toward me with a red ring in front of him.

"A red ring," I ask, "Where did you get another red ring? I thought the one Atrocitus gave you was destroyed."

"It was," The Man answers, flying to my side and looking at Parallax. "Luckily, Atrocitus gave me more than one. Well, he didn't give them to me. He just drop them. I, however, pick all of them up. I remember them when Mogo almost blasted Superman and me."

"A red lantern," Parallax. "Strange. Why is a red lantern, enemy to the green lantern, here?"

"The Green Lanterns asked for help," The Man answers, "So we came. Oh, and then Atrocitus came and ask for help as well. Busy week."

"No matter," Parallax says, "Green, blue, or red. Yellow will defeat them all."

Parallax opens his mouth and fires again. The Man with his red ring glowing very brightly swings his hand. A wave of red energy shoots up and turns into a catapult, capturing the yellow blast and redirecting it back at Parallax. He roars as his own yellow energy hits him.

"You're exhausted," The Man says. "Go back inside. I'll handle big and ugly, and, this time, I'm not talking about Kilowog."

The Man leans back on his flying board and shoots up into the air. He flies circles around Parallax, blasting him non-stop with his red ring.

Panting as I swallow my split to dampen my throat dry, I prepare to head back inside as The Man told me but stop. Mid-flight, I see what appears to be a purple steak heading for The Man. It takes me very little time to realize who it is.

"Superman," I say. I change direction and fly off to face Superman.

Supergirl:

"Ahh," I say as I push myself up. Rubbing my throbbing head, I look to see Parallax and The Man fighting each other.

"The Man? Where did he come from? No matter. Even with a red ring, he's going to need more power in order to take down Parallax. The question is, where can he gets more power?"

I look around for anything I could use. As I do, I see Saint Walker laying near me. I run over to him to see if he's alright.

"He's breathing," I think as I put him into a sitting position. As I lean him against a wall, I look down and see his blue ring.

"More power," I think. "I'm really sorry about this Saint Walker but I'm going to borrow your ring."