(Akabane Karma) One More Time

Warnings: Mentions of deaths, killing, and slight bloody scenes, immense jealousy, possessive and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You continued to type away on your laptop as you wait for the arrival of your preferred order, having a short, but enjoyable chat with the waiter earlier while doing so. Clicking for the last time on your keyboard, you decided to take a break for a moment and relish the comfortable and aesthetically pleasing atmosphere of the establishment. The usual aroma of the various coffee based drinks waft through the air as idle chatter from the other customers mixed along with the mellow music playing in the background from the speaker attached somewhere within the place as you let yourself relax through all of it.

You are left unaware with a stranger passing by that seemed to have taken some familiarity with you. He halts on his walking, glancing at where you are sitting before having a realization. Taking a double check that he's not dreaming and it really is you within the establishment, Karma had decided to make an approach despite not really fully prepared, even though he had anticipated this moment countless times. Karma arranges his clothing, looking through the glass window of the cafe where it reflected his well-built figure and handsome features. He hoped it would be enough to make you fall for him voluntarily this time.

It had taken him quite a while to find you in this new lifetime, instantly taking the opportunity to meet you and perhaps start a good love story from that moment. His anticipation and eagerness growing with every step he took once he entered the café, relieved to know that your table is vacant enough for another person. Keeping his cool, he utters his greeting before inquiring if he could share the table with you and as he expected of your kindness, you let him do so before you resume back to do your own business. For you, the silence was comfortable still, but for him, it was pressuring as he wanted to find a way to talk to you.

It seemed that luck was on his side as your order soon arrived as he also makes his own. He compliments your choice of drink, dropping a joke about needing some caffeine most of the day as you felt okay being with a stranger. Smoothly starting a conversation with you, the two of you instantly clicked once he managed to share a topic he had hoped that you would still enjoy and he was happy to know he was right with his choice. The jovial atmosphere turned gloomy for him when he noticed your wedding ring, making him determined to start again. He fumed inside as he knew he wasn't able to have you again.

Throughout the efforts he had exerted in hopes of finding you and having you equally return the feelings he immensely felt towards you so many lifetimes of yours have passed that stayed the same high degree and even more, he was devastated upon knowing that he had been once again too late in this lifetime. Once he had received his order, he immediately makes his payment before hastily bidding his goodbye to you, needing to acquire a plan for everything to be as okay as he could make it. Understanding his urgency, you return his farewell before avoiding in prying too much with the strange encounter.

Karma wasted no time, making his preparations while being driven away by his emotions that moderately hindered his rationality. He had already acquired some important information about you, waiting within your abode where he had already killed your significant other to cool off his frustration and anger. Their pained noises should have been unpleasant and even the bloodied area producing a disgusting smell, but it was enough for him to be partially satisfied with everything going downhill despite him not having a good start yet. It clearly made his opportunity bleak and goal unachievable.

For him, there's no other way, but to eliminate the one who had stolen you from him and to start over again since he could not remember for how many times he had already experienced waiting for you. He knew that he was also the one to blame, causing the delay where you had found yourself a significant other that wasn't him. Letting his form sink within the sofa in your living room as he waits for your arrival, he wallows in self pity and regret, gritting his teeth while clenching his bloodied fists in anger. What had occurred in this lifetime had probably been a duplicate from a situation in the very past that he had already forgotten.

The front door opens as you stepped inside with a joyful greeting to your lover, making Karma's heart ache in dismay while knowing what was bound to happen next. Approaching their location, you stared in shock and disgust at the gruesome image that you had viewed. You slumped to the floor with a shaky hand covering your mouth. You were devastated and angry, silently crying as Karma also showed emotions through the same action as well, knowing that what he was about to do greatly hurt him, but it's the only choice. He trapped you within his embrace, preparing the dagger he had also used earlier.

You tried to push him away, but you are still weak from what you had witnessed as Karma only tightened his hold around your trembling figure as he whispers. "I'm so sorry, Y/N... I'll make sure that we would be together when you live again. Wait for me, please?"

This had always been the painful experience he had to once again face and endure for how long until he would see you again. It has been just like the past lifetimes of yours, with you not being able to be with him caused by different reasons and him waiting or even doing something just for everything to reset that he sees as his only option to try to have you.

You let out a surprised scream, being muffled when he places his lips against yours. Such action had an objective to momentarily distract you from the pain, but he knew it would not be enough still. You felt the sharp blade pierce through your back as you clutched his clothing in relation to the immense pain that you felt. Tears continued to pour from your eyes as well as his own, mixing together along with the scarlet liquid. As he felt you starting to rest eternally, he silently promises to not be late, and to make you voluntarily love him in the next life, starting once again with his the same objective of countless times.