(Isogai Yuma) Dearest Partner

Warnings: Mentions of manipulation and jealousy, obsessive, and possessive behaviors, and death. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was already the final day for the assessment for your future partner in life, giving you the chance to choose among the many amazing individuals that presented themselves wanting to have you as their partner. Seeing as the five people needed to compete for your undivided love and attention, succeeding through the numerous challenges became the result of their determination to win you over. It just proved that being the judge and choosing someone among them might be a challenge for you in return as defeat would seem to have been absent from their dictionary that you could almost see it.

The tension within the room is clear as well, being shown through the silent hostility each of them are giving off to another that would manage to be within their range of sight, glaring to further prove the threat that the others have. You softly hummed to recognize their want to get this over with through the numerous glances most would give you, silently requesting for you to start whatever you need to do to finally choose. Not wanting to delay it further as you are looking forward to it as well, you announce that it would be starting while remaining a secure hold upon a mysterious wooden box.

Calling out to the first suitor, you smiled before revealing the question that you've instructed would be the same to the others, though not wanting for the situation to be repetitive and boring, you halted yourself from expressing your excitement and amusement for the twist you planned to show later on. "Himari, do you think you're worthy enough? Why do you think so?"

The adorable antennae visible through her neat hairstyle showed her giddiness, having an assumption that she has the greatest chance to be selected just because she's the first one to be called. It might have been the case in some situations wherein the person choosing would present favoritism through always calling their favored individual first, but it's not what she expected at this time. Stopping yourself from glancing at the individual properly seated on a single couch by your right, you stared back at the entrancing magenta colored eyes of the first contestant that thoroughly reflected her joy.

"Yes! I'm very sure that I'm worthy! I am certain that we are meant to be together since every time that I spend with you, it's always magical! We complement each other and I really like you very much!" Himari immediately answered, eager for your attention as the others immediately showed disdain of her words, proudly remarking that they would be able to answer it better.

Isogai internally expresses his disappointment before proceeding to compare the efforts he put through intense planning just to acquire every good opportunity to meet you and spend some time together alone without any disturbance. He managed to stop clicking his tongue in displeasure after hearing that she only likes you very much. Him? He adores, respects, admires, and loves you so much that what is currently happening is causing his patience and self-control to slowly slip away. Hearing your nonchalant response caused him to gain his control and senses back as he silently thanks you for it.

Remaining seated upon a comfortable chair that he sees as a throne occupied by an astounding individual, you remained your posture before directing your gaze to the person positioned in the middle among the candidates. "Tsuzumu, do you think you're worthy enough? Why do you think so?"

"I am completely certain that I am worthy enough to be chosen. I excel in almost all expertise needed to be learned to be compatible enough for you. You also have my complete faith and devotion and I can give you everything." His confidence and pride through his professional answer mirrored his overall visible features.