(Horibe Itona) Guardian Of The Forest

Warnings: Slight mention of violence, and overprotective behavior. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sunlight showers upon the vast green forest, making it more beautiful and magnificent than ever. Animals of different sizes and kinds are either staying in their habitat or finding some food from their surroundings. Some of the bunnies hopping around stops as their beady red eyes stare at the curious human walking around the area who seems to be just enjoying the peace and tranquility the forest brings. One of the bunnies look at the other, sending a silent message to its companion who hops off to somewhere to tell the ruler of the visitor as the other one decided to observe the human furthermore. Its eyes blinks once its gaze was met by the human who smiled in response, proceeding to crouch down and seems to be calling itself.

"Hey, there little bunny. Do you mind being my companion even for a little bit? This place is very amazing, right?" You proceed to sit on the grassy ground, putting a palm on the ground while the other waves at the bunny to come over who just rubs its face with its paw and continued to stare right back at you again.

You look at where a crunching noise could be heard that's probably caused by someone stepping on some fallen twigs and dead leaves. The bunny hops off towards where the approaching figure is coming from as you follow the little creature with a gaze, slowly standing up and dusting off some dirt on your clothes.

"Who are you? Did you find yourself lost in this forest?" A monotonous voice asked, making you halt your actions.

You curiously look at the new person standing a little distance away in front of you. His white with a hint of light blue hue hair is long enough to cover his golden eyes. He was wearing a faded yellow yukata with leaves and green stripes pattern all over it with a brown obi that's just wrapped on his waste securely.

"Well, my name is Y/N L/N and I'm not lost. Just enjoying the nature around me. And you are...?" You gave a small wave with a smile to make him a bit comfortable with someone who's basically a stranger to him.

The young man seemed to be having some thoughts on whether or not he'll tell you his name, but decided to tell you in the end.

He returns your wave with a smaller one where he didn't even exert some energy to properly raise his hand. "Itona. Horibe Itona."

You grin in amusement as you find his actions quite adorable. "Nice to meet you, Itona-kun. Is it fine if I call you by your first name?"

You lowly tilt your head as your sight was focused on the bunny going by his side. "It's fine. I don't mind it much."

Itona shrugs, looking down at the bunny and proceeds to have a staring contest with the animal.

He nods after the bunny made some movements with its hand and rubs its face before hopping away, leaving the two alone. You blink and look back at him again.

"Why does it seem like you're communicating with the bunny?" You ask in slight confusion and awe.

"I am communicating with it." Itona blankly stated, locking his gaze with you with an emotionless one, making it a bit difficult to know what he's currently feeling about you suddenly starting a conversation like you're some friend of some sort.

Your eyes widen for a moment after hearing his confirmation that made amazed at him more. "Wait... What? That's so cool! What did you two talk about?"

Itona glances away at you for a second, then returns his gaze again. "It told me that, even though it's the first time it had met you, it felt like you're a kind human that won't bring any destruction in our place."