(Jelavić Irina) Mother's Love

Warnings: Overprotective, obsessive and possessive behavior, subtle jealousy and manipulation. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

You were hesitant to meet the other person your mother is familiar with, but with her reassurance and small showing of affections by gently patting your cheek while giving you a kiss on the forehead left you to trust her. She guides you inside the room, securely gripping your hand as if being afraid to let you slip away as Irina soon approaches a group closest to you two.

"Karasuma Y/N, my dear child. Look how much Y/N have grown amazingly. Props to the mom, of course." Irina happily introduced you to some of her colleagues, proud and excited that was evident by her posture as another soon started a chat.

The lively conversation had soon taken a downward turn, pointing out how you seem to lack some amazing characteristics of your mom. Despite the joking tone of her scolding, Irina secretly glared at the individual who had caused you to be saddened. You still had a forced smile put on, but the damage has already been done despite the woman trying to appease you by giving positive feedbacks of your features and characteristics. It had always been a topic of those conversations the comparison of you with your mother, causing you to accept and be gloomed by what you had assumed as the truth.

This had been the common topic whenever you and your mother are present within someone's range, always being compared to your beautiful mother in every way, especially your physical appearance, but this time seemed to be the last straw. That moment caused you to have a realization with how you were far more inferior compared to your mother's magnificent features, being blinded by insecurity that left you unaware of the distinctive features you shared to either of your wonderfully featured parents. You unknowingly started to distance yourself from everyone, especially from your beautiful mother.

Though the privacy and isolation that you had clearly wanted to show to her didn't really get through her stubborn nature. Unknown to you, in Irina's eyes, you're the most accurately close to perfect that had caused to undeniably grow an unhealthy obsession, though still on a parental and platonic level. Just enough for her to focus on giving you motherly affections starting from now on. It was undeniably hurting her inside when she had noticed you kept your distance, but a good time to rebuild your bond had soon presented itself. With this in thought, Irina immediately conjured up something.

Arriving at your closed door with a skip in her step, she knocked on the wooden surface of the barrier. She forced herself to remain collected, despite already feeling overly excited and giddy with the thought of finally spending some time with you, hopefully.

Hearing a muffled small response from you inside, she proceeds to inform with an obvious jovial tone to it. "Y/N! It's only the two of us currently. Your dad will be out of town for a while. Do you want to do something special? Just me and you bonding time?"

Irina anxiously waited for your response, tapping a foot on the floor rhythmically. Her wait didn't last long, but unfortunately for her, your answer came back as a negative one.

You sighed before continuing on with your chosen activity to let the time pass by, casting a momentary glance at the door before exclaiming an answer to her invitation. "I'll pass... Sorry, mom."

Irina had her eyes widen in shock, though it would have been expected for you to reply such.

Still having a trick up her sleeve, Irina sadly sighs before changing her tone with a sorrowful one though her expression already having a cold and almost frustrated presentation. "Guess I'll just rot away being alone then. Poor me."

You stopped with your activity, contemplating on it as it had really been a while since you've completely hang out with her and an undeniable feeling of guilt is present within.

Shaking your head in amusement, you retort back. "You're just being overdramatic, mom."

Stopping herself from just barging in and forcefully getting you out of the room, Irina calms down before exclaiming. "But it's true! My dear Y/N doesn't want to be with me anymore! You've been avoiding me lately, but please give me a chance to be with you even for a short time, Y/N. Mommy misses you."

Her tone had a hint of desperation halfway through it. You contemplated for a moment, giving a temporary silent answer to her further persuasion that only left Irina almost taking action with the last thing she had in mind. Though she was relieved to know that she would not come down to that as you soon agreed, opening the door as her features soon softened and the crazed one dissipating. It would seem that your acceptance was only a progress of something she had in mind. The bonding moments were gentle, fluff filled and absent of any dangerous element, but it would soon change, for the better in Irina's mind and quite the opposite on your side.

Irina's obsession with you is only growing as days passed, forcing you to spend time with her more and even subtly starting to isolate your from the real world, locking you up inside the abode and making up plausible reasons and excuses for you to not go outside or try to leave her. There would be a time where you could feel yourself be engulfed by her squeezing embrace, muttering in a daze about how perfect you are and even showering you with affections further by pressing kisses all over your face while reassuring you're amazing. Always assuring you that you're perfect just the way you are.

It would only be a matter of time before you would soon realize the danger you are in, being tangled and slowly consumed with the overbearing mother's love of hers. But can you really escape from someone who can easily have you wrapped around their finger with words and motherly actions caused by being the one too familiar of you? Trying to stop her from showing affections through actions, you could only receive a small glare before she acts hurt. Wanting to take a walk outside, Irina grows hysterical before manipulating you with words and emotions. Looks like there will never be an escape from mommy.