(Maehara Hiroto) Plan Backfired

Warnings: Desperation, gore, mentions of death, violence, possessive, overprotective, and obsessive behaviors. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with. If it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking out this book. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Situations that are repetitive would result in it not being a coincidence anymore, causing you to be confused, but you are determined to remain unaffected with the incidents that you noticed would happen every time you will be present. Even through the closed doors of the elevator that finally directed you to the proper floor of your workplace within such grand organization, you managed to hear the murmurs of the usual group that would huddle around a certain colleague of yours as if he's a celebrity of some sort. It only made you sigh before preparing with such noise. Unbeknownst to you, it served a greater purpose to the main attraction of the crowd.

Maehara had been trying to make you jealous with the help of his admirers, finding it a great plan for you to finally notice him as you would only interact with him professionally if he would personally interact with you. Though it would seem that its greatness is only imaginary to the one who thought of it as his supposed distraction for you always resulted with you ignoring his interactions with the obsessed people over him. Unfortunately, enough, it was clear that you remain unaware of his real intention, proceeding with your daily routine without giving him much attention other than a side glance before moving on with your merry way.

Noticing your presence and even giving you some greetings, you returned them all with a formal smile that mirrors your gestures along with your statements. Even with the lack of proper warmth of your interaction and with it really not mainly directed towards him, it was enough for Maehara to temporarily escape the realms of reality. He remains looking at your retreating figure in a daze that was unnoticed by his admirers that proceeded with chatting about your love life that's focused on by most of his companions as they seem to feel joyous and even envious of your newly achieved status in life that remained unknown to Maehara until this very moment.

"Wah! L/N-san is so lucky to meet their romantic partner in life!" Despite unsure if you are out of earshot or not, one of them proceeded to express her glee with sparkles seeming to shine as her background with the others reciprocating her awe with the addition of your life.

The person in front of her immediately agrees, nodding once, quite firmly so before posing her confidence with such statement through her figure that presents her standing proudly with her fists placed on her waist. "Right? I wish that Maehara-kun and I will be the same way soon enough."

Such confident remark caused a humorous chaos to happen, erupting a series of disagreements of her claim before each proceeds to express their desire to reach such conclusion of their own. The current happening seemed to be invisible to Maehara. When he heard that you had found your right person for a romantic relationship, he is left devastated as his usual charming self was replaced with just a husk that had been recently discovered. Though he was lucky enough to escape anyone to notice his unusual state when each of them left him be to begin with their work once it had been indicated by an announcement through the intercom within their area.

Bidding him farewell and some even wishing that he would be available to have lunch with them, Maehara forced to play along his established reputation that he now concluded is no longer needed. His faux grin instantly formed in a straight line as his energetic wave of goodbye immediately hung limply at his side before he hastily makes his way back to his own office cubicle. Not really concerned with the scolding from the boss himself with his poor working state at the moment, he continues to stare blankly at the screen that presents an abstract wallpaper that was edited by an AI to alter the real image that was none other than yourself.