(Sugino Tomohito) Give Your Heart A Break

Warnings: Slight violence, jealousy, and overprotective behavior. If you're not quite comfortable with the aforementioned warnings, then we kindly suggest for you to read the other chapters that you're fine with, if it's still not suitable for you, then you could also leave this book, but we thank you for giving time and checking this book out. For those who decided to venture further in reading, we hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Yukiko-chan!" You grinned and wave to greet your best friend who's also a classmate of yours.

You've been friends with Yukiko Kanzaki, one of the prettiest and kindest person you've ever met in your life and you're very glad and very lucky to have her as a friend.

"Good morning, Y/N." Yukiko gives a small wave and smile towards you as you take a seat beside her, slinging your bag on the side of your desk as you face her again.

You gingerly frown, noticing that she's not acting normally today. "Is something wrong? You can tell me, you know?"

"I know. I'll tell you later at lunch time, okay?" Yukiko nods, giving you a close eyed smile.

"Okay, class is starting anyway." You gave a thumbs up as your teacher arrived not too long after, starting the class immediately after you and your classmates greet your teacher.

All of the subjects for the morning period finally ended as you already felt tired from just scribbling notes in your notebook and occasionally answering some of the questions your subject teacher had given to you. Luckily, there weren't any tests that were prepared for the whol day and so, lunch had finally arrived with you and Kanzaki eating lunch at your usual spot.

"So, what's wrong? You seem to be less cheery than usual." You asked after taking a spoonful of your lunch, munching while enjoying the scenery around you two.

"Well... My father... He's been telling me to study hard and to find a good job and..." Kanzaki puts down her chopsticks, looking down at her bento. "It's just that.... I've been pressured because of his expectations that I'm not doing that well with class."

"Don't stress yourself too much about it. We're still young. And besides, if you need to relieve some stress, playing at an arcade might help. That's how I cope with mine. If you want, we could go this weekend."

Kanzaki looks at you, smiling as she appreciates your effort to cheer her up, already made a decision to try your suggestion. "Thank you for your invitation, but I'm not free this weekend and we still have a test to be prepared for."

"Oh, right. I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me." You sheepishly grin, gesturing a peace sign before the two of you continue to eat, enjoying a small conversation afterwards until the class resumes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks after that, the test results for your monthly examination had been given to you. You're quite relieved to see that all of your scores are good. Turning to Kanzaki, you asked how she did in which she answered that she also got good results. You weren't able to see the sad smile on her face. After the class had ended, you waited for Kanzaki by the gates as she excused herself earlier that her boyfriend wanted to talk to her.

Hearing a small sniffle, you face the approaching figure of your crying friend. "What's wrong? Why are you crying? Don't tell me..."

You immediately engulf her in a comforting hug, soothingly rubbing her back as you ask what had happened in which Kanzaki answered between sniffles. "He broke up... with me..."