Chapter 32

♥️ HER POINT OF VIEW ♥️
Today is the day that I dread every year. Christmas Eve. I am forced to spend it with my family unfortunately and act as if everything is perfect. How far from the truth that could be. I was going to skip today and just go to a diner by myself to not burden the twins' but at the same time avoid my family, but I just had to pick up my phone. At eight this morning my phone buzzed and instead of ignoring it or even checking the caller ID my sleep fuzzed mind answered. I wasn't given a good morning but a simple 'be home by noon dressed and ready.' I hung up right there wishing the call was just a dream, but the text I received that said the same thing shot my hope down before it could even fully bubble to the surface.

It's now ten and I was just rolling out of bed. I walk right into the bathroom take a shower and get out thirty minutes later. I walk out in a robe hoping that the longer I took to get ready the longer it would be until I have to leave. Unfortunately time is not on my side and noon rolls around quicker than I wanted and I pull up to my house. My mother, father and sister all walk out at different times all on their phones. I get out of Liam's car and walk to the other vehicle they all entered. The car ride was silent the whole time.

Once we arrived to my aunt's house after the hour drive I jump out of my seat before the car was at a full stop. The silence was overbearing and even with my book and headphones it was still too loud.

We spent ten hours here. Ten hours full of eating, opening gifts, faking that I still live at home, the dreaded college talk as usual, and being ignored by my little cousins. It was a blast.

The only good thing about tonight was that tomorrow I would go to the diner, have hot chocolate and catch up on my reading especially since I was on break from school with no homework. This time was truly mine except for Monday which I would be with Ryan like always and Wednesday with Blake. I finally had a mission with Ryan which believe it or not I was quite excited for since I was finally seeing what the boys were talking about when they said what it was like to be in a gang. Even though right now I was a part of two it doesn't feel like it since all I do is train or act like Blake is my hero. I snap out of my thoughts at the slamming of car doors. At least we all agree about one thing and are trying to get away from this situation as fast as possible.

I wrap my coat closer to my body and get out of the car. "Merry Christmas and happy new year!" I call out before heading to Cole's car and going home.

Once the car pulls into the driveway I let out a breath of relief and pull out their house key which was an early Christmas present from all of them. At first I refused but they insisted, and at that moment I have never felt more connect and happy to this family. I felt as if this was the point that they fully accepted me as a family member as I had them.

I open the door and tip toe to my room flopping right on my bed not bothering to change. I place my heels on the floor and snuggle further into the blankets that remained under me since my body felt heavy and I was way too exhausted from today's actions to even try and get up. I continue to curl into a fetal position and close my eyes immediately falling into a deep slumber.

Bounce.

"Wake up!"

Bounce.

"It's Christmas morning!"

Bounce.

"Let's go sleepyhead! Santa came!"

Bounce.

"Everyone is down-"

"I'm up! I'm up!" I groan turning to the bubbly four year old jumping on my bed.