Chapter 27

♣️ COLE'S POINT OF VIEW ♣️
"What do you mean that Caleb is Mr. Red's son?! You mean to tell me that my sister has been hanging out with a kid that is involved with a gang that can get her killed?!" I say more like yell.

"Cole calm down. First he's too young to know what is father is actually doing let alone be a part of it and secondly no one knows what he looks like. Jasper has been hiding them. No one knew what Blake looked like when he walked in. He had to constantly introduce himself," she says trying to reassure me, "and plus none of us here will let anything happen to her."

How could I not have known? I am the worst brother around. I should have done a background check on the kid not that, that would have made any difference since Jasper probably has his files blank.

"She's never talking him to again and he won't be around here anymore," I say with finality in my tone getting angrier at myself as the seconds pass. I should have known!

"Cole. Cole look at me," Justina says putting her hands on my shoulder, "you can't do that. She isn't going to understand why and she will get annoyed with you. Ands before you cut me off and say that you don't care listen to me for two minutes. They are both innocent young kids. Everyone deserves a chance no matter what family they come from. You can't judge a five year old based on his father or his brother it's not fair to him. And I will be there for every play date and I'll keep a close eye on Blake and if I think she's in any danger I will be the bad guy. Okay? Just calm down. Everything will be okay."

"It better not be a play date," I grind out emphasizing the word date, "My sister is way too young to date. She has to wait until she's at least 30."

"I didn't mean a play date. I meant they will hang out supervised," Justina corrects shaking her head back and forth with a smile across her face slightly laughing.

"And you will supervise and be the bad guy if anything goes wrong?"

"Of course. I take full responsibility," Justina says and sadness flashes in her eyes before she shakes her head as if getting rid of the thought.

"Okay. Deal," I say sticking my hand out to her so she could shake it, but when she grabs my hand I pull her into my chest and whisper "thank you" into her hair. Ava is really lucky that Justina is here because if she wasn't Ava would have never seen that kid again. Justina really is like the perfect older sister for her and I couldn't be any happier. Her family doesn't know what they are missing out on.

"Of course. That's what you do for fam- friends."

I pull out of the hug and keep her at arm's length with my hands on her upper arms, "J. We are family. Understand that. All of us here are lucky to have met you and would do anything to keep it that way. You are like my younger sister and Ava's older one. You fit in perfectly."

She pulls me back to her and leans her head against my chest, "Thank you, Cole. For everything."

"Anything for you, J."

🔹 BLAKE'S POINT OF VIEW 🔹
I storm into my father's office slamming the door open. He looks up from the file he was recently invested in and smiles.

"You did a great job today son and Just-"

"Why didn't you tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"When you told her about the mission why didn't you tell her about me being your son?"

"Does it even matter or make any difference?" my father asks returning back to his file.