14. To talk

Ruth's pov
I opened the door with the keys that Lin & Vanessa finally had let me use, after many persuasive words from me.
You need to open and lock the door seven times before going inside.
The silent apartment met me, as I took my shoes off, dashing my backpack to the floor.
Left foot first. Place the shoes right next to Sebastian's other pair.
Hang the coats in colour order, otherwise it's wrong.
Wrong. You can't live with wrong.
Tap the door before opening it.
I walked to my room, not stepping on a single crack, looked over at the couch in the living room, seeing Tobi's little head peaking up.

>> you home yet?

I giggled at Lin's text, just as one from Vanessa came too. Tobi ran to me, hopping up and down on my legs as I went through the doorway.
"Tobi, hiii, calm yourself, it's just me", while she just ran around me.
I petted her soft fur, trying to reply.

>> You are home now, right?

Taking out my Biology folder, successfully placing it right next to my APUSH folder & not messing up the order in my backpack.
Tobi soon got bored of me not giving her the attention that she wanted, and tip toed away.

<< Yeah, guys, I am.

Replying in a group chat, almost hearing Vanessa face palm and Lin laughing.

>> Look V, we jinxed

>> Rue, I'm pretty sure I married a five-year-old.

<< Positive.

>> Hey! I'm still here, y'know

I left my phone on the desk, looking around the room. One month had past, everything had changed so much. I could still imagine what it was like before, but rather the placement home as a fading memory.

For hours, I tried my best doing homework.
Every person I met seemed to be doing it so fast. How? How can you not be afraid of what may happen?
And then, a few years ago, it came to me as a realisation that how I was wasn't normal - that I was abnormal.
And then I told myself it.
Hide it.

I decided to scroll through my twitter feed, getting overwhelmed by the amount of notifications I was getting.
Good, that I turned them off, then.
One certain tweet caught my eye, as I looked through what Lin had been tweeted in the last few hours.

Lin had laughed when I said I only joined twitter because him & V seemed to spend so much time on it.
"Aw, cutie, you need to have a mind of your own, Rue!", he'd said.
And what if I didn't have a mind of my own?

The tweet included an article. A few others had tweeted it too, while others were speculating about it.

Who's this girl that's been seen with Lin-Manuel Miranda?

The title seemed so amateurish that I almost cracked a laugh in all of this seriousness.

Lin Manuel Miranda, creator and star of Hamilton has lately been seen with one particular girl, in her teens, often accompanied by his wife, Vanessa Nadal, and sometimes his son, Sebastian.
The girl appears to have been seen regularly with the star since late October, and appearing often in the cast's Snapchat since mid November.
Fans of the Broadway show has been digging into the subject, even though Miranda himself have tried to even out the rumours by not publishing anything with her in it.