1. To fall

[Hiya! This is my new fanfiction, and my first ever Hamilton one. It's v inspired by Abi_Fanzel 's fantastic story "Adopted by Hamilton", which I couldn't put down for a moment. I won't copy her story, I want to create my own one. And since the topic is quite usual, I'll try to write the best I can to make it seem interesting. I'm also from Sweden, 14 years old, so I'll also try my best at writing it in English]
-
I sighed as I dashed my hand on the ancient alarm clock, it was at least 20 years old. I could barely remember last night, only punches and curse words. I picked up my phone, exactly 5:45. Good, right on time.

Yawning, I dragged myself to the bathroom, only to look in the mirror. My shrunken, green, eyes stared at me, shining of tiredness. My skin was even worse, dry and almost grey-looking. I shook my head. I did it for ten seconds, because I had to.
I walked into the shower, let the water pour downon me, only to let out a weak squeak as the cold liquid hit me. I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to wake them up.
They put the hot water on around 6 o'clock. But that's when it was theirs turn, so I couldn't do much about it.

Walking out after a 2 minute shower I quickly rolled the towel around me.

Go in there again. Otherwise your dear beloved mommy & daddy will die.

I threw the towel off me, sprinted into the shower and let the water punch me again. Stood there in exactly 2 minutes again, only to go out and feel my skin turning red.
I started shaking, the warm, old, towel not helping much. Put my clothes on as quickly as I could, feeling slightly better.

I sneaked out of the bathroom and saw my stepbrothers and stepsister on their way to the bathroom, forming a queue outside the door when Rachel sneaked in first, everyone glancing over to me as I walked pass them.
"It took a long time today, Ruth", the three step-siblings said, their eyes looking at me with pure hate.
"S-sorry", I stuttered under my breath.
"Apologies won't take you anywhere, sis", the oldest, Ansel, said, slapping me. I whimpered, but backed away quickly, leaving them laughing.

I walked down the stairs, my phone buzzing in my back pocket. That's my call for helping Mrs Lovell with breakfast. I sprinted down, only to see her already making the dough for the bread.
"Ruth, your late", she said looking away.
"I'm sorry. M-my alarm went off a bit late", I apologised, afraid.
"Start making the pancakes", Mrs Lovell said. I sighed, good. She wasn't angry at me.

As Mr Lovell came down at 7, everything was done. He gave his wife a kiss on the cheek, glanced over at me, giving an evil smile.
"Thank you, Sarah", he said, turning to his wife again. They were probably about to throw me out in two months, I could feel it. I couldn't really say that I wasn't looking forward to it. They wasn't that lovely after all. The bruise on my shoulder & the black eye told me otherwise.

Soon, everyone sat down at the table. Me, the last one. A took a bit of the loaf, and a glass of juice. I started reaching for the yoghurt, when Mr Lovell took it to in front of me.
"You don't need it, you've not earned it today. You were late", he said. I shrunk down, and nodded. Rachel whispered something to Warren, laughing. I looked away, ate my breakfast, just wanting to go away from this family. They were probably the worst one I'd ever been in.

Walking 15 meters behind my siblings, as I'd been instructed to do.

"We don't want anyone to know that you're our step sister", Rachel said.
"Okay. I have your surname now, and the teacher will probably introduce me as your step sister...", I tried to protest. Ansel kicked me hard on my leg.
"Well then, don't go near us, freak"