Chapter 49 - Pale

2 weeks later

"Looking a little pale than usual. Are you ok?" Husk asked, polishing a glass. "Just tired, I still can't sleep at the moment." You growled in frustration, rubbing your hands in your face before pulling them away.

You were also irritated and intrigued by what Vox wanted to tell you.

"Hmm, something troubling you?" The feline asked. "Not really, physically, just feel exhausted. Mentally, I'm fine. I'm not worried about the Vee's one bit or what their intentions are, but you know." You shrugged.

"You and Alastor?"

"We're fine, we had a disagreement on something, but we resolved it."

"Seems to me he wanted to resolve it, and you want to still argue it because you don't believe it."

"Husk, I'm officially making you my therapist."

"No thanks, already forcefully working for your husband."

"Touché."

"Hello, Darling!" Alastor suddenly appeared to be rather chirpy.

"What did you take, sweetheart? I need this energy." You mumbled, letting out another yawn.

"My, you look exhausted, love are you still struggling with your sleep?" He frowned.

"My body feels restless."

Alastor felt your forehead, feeling the leather of his glove brush against your forehead. "Hmm, you don't seem warm. Though you do look a little pale." Alastor said, also making the same comment.

"Urgh, why is everyone saying that." You slumped forwards, leaning your head on the bar as you let out a small 'ow' not intended to headbutt it.

You felt Alastor rub your back. "Why don't you go lay on the sofa, and I make you mama special tea."

"That tea tasted awful, remember?" You mumbled onto the counterspiece. You suddenly lifted your head up with a frown looking at your husband.

"Do you even know what went in it?"

"If I tell you, you will throw up." Alastor answered honestly.

"That doesn't reassure me."

"But it did it trick, remember?" Alastor grinned as you cursed under your breath.

If it wasn't for Alastor mother, you'd would have probably suffered or worse, died from tuberculosis that Alastor thought was the flu as his mother not wanting to scare her son.

"Now, thinking about it, is it in the book you found? Because that shouldn't have cured me the way it did."

Alastor didn't answer, but his smile said it all.

"Fine." You groaned lazily, pulling yourself up, dragging your legs to the sofa plopping yourself down sprawling out.

Suddenly, your heart thumped against your chest seeing Angel peering over you.

"Damn, you look like shit." "Fuck, Angel don't do that!" You growled placing a hand over your chest. The spider demon chuckled at your reaction.

"Aww, are you sick?" He cooed squeezing your cheeks as you swatted them away getting annoyed.

"You have 5 seconds to remove yourself away from my wife before I break all your arms." Alastor growled.

You and Angel both looked at the radio demon with an raised eyebrow.

"Jeez Smiles what's got you in a piss?" Angel snorted, even you were wondering where that came from.

"I don't like you pestering my darling like that when she should be resting!"

"Al, I'm fine." You groaned again. "Nope, drink." He shoved the mug in your face as you gagged at the smell.

"It's not that bad dear."

As you put your nose near it again sniffing it. You couldn't contain the bile building up as you threw up all over Angel as he screamed.

Husk roaring laugh echoed from the otherside as Charlie and Vaggie rushed in hearing Angel scream.

"I got it!" Nifty screeched immediately cleaning the sick that landed on the floor.

"What's going on?" The princess said with a worrying tone.

"Oops." You mumbled wiping your mouth.

Alastor was rather satisfied. The porn demon got what he deserved.

"She threw up on me!!"

"I told Alastor not to give it to me!" You argued.

"Oh my..." Charlie said holding back a giggle.

"Well my dear, I did say drink not sniff it. What was mother one rule? Dont smell it!"

"What did you try giving her?" Vaggie asked. "His mother vile medicine tea. And before you argue, mother also said it was disgusting!" You said before Alastor opened his mouth.

"But it did it trick." Alastor reminded you.

"Are you not feeling well?" Charlie asked with a frown. "Well I'm tired and everyone picking on me how pale I look."

"You do look a little pale." Vaggie mumbled.

You could feel the anger burning up inside you. "I'm absolutely fine!!" You roared not realising your horns had shot out, your eyes bleeding red.

"Okay! Haha!" Alastor grabbed your shoulders, pulling you away. "How about we go for a walk around the hotel? Hmm?" Alastor suggested.

You let out a huff.

"Fine." You mumbled.

As Alastor took you away from the lobby wondering around the halls. You were lost in thought why everyone thinks you're unwell or where that sudden anger emerged from.

"Love, dare I ask why you're so... pissy lately?"

You yourself didn't have an answer and was struggling to maintain the emotion.

"Will you be able to handle this meeting? I need you to be clear-headed and composed. I don't want you to react impulsively or give in to his demands," Alastor advised.

You stopped in track slowly looking to your husband.

"I will be fine, Al." You reassured him as Alastor was searching for an answer through your eyes.

"Very well..." He sighed.

Time to see what that flat face wants.