Chapter 44 - Flashback

You let out a soft groan as the vibrant crimson light of the morning in the underworld assaulted your vision, causing a blinding sensation.

"What happened?" You muttered, grappling with the most severe headache you had ever endured.

"That would be the result of the excessive alcohol you consumed last night, my dear." Alastor remarked, materialising seemingly out of thin air.

"I see you've finally arisen!" He chuckled. "What time is it?" "Well it's the afternoon darling. I left you to sleep of the amount of alcohol in your system from last night."

"Urgh, I don't even know what I drank." "Wait you were accepting drinks from strangers?" Alastor asked. "Mainly from Angel." "Urgh, no wonder why you were absolutely out of it." Alastor groaned. "Was... I that bad?" You chuckled nervously. "I carried you all the way back here whilst you sang out of tune. You could barely even stand let alone walk my dear."

"I hope you were able to get some rest," you said, feeling a pang of guilt as you noticed his weary appearance.

Alastor sighed. "No, not really. I was rather concerned about your well-being and the possibility of you choking on your own vomit," he admitted.

"I'm sorry...."

"Why apologise, my dear? You had a wonderful time last night, you were practically grinding on the princess."

"I- excuse me, what did I do?" "You do not remember?" Alastor said, now looking rather amused. "Oh no." You groaned, rubbing your temple.

"I must say, it kind of took me by surprise as well. I didn't really know how to react. If that was anyone else they would been a tasty meal that night."

"Huh... maybe it's because you see the princess as a close friend you knew it was us joking about." You shrugged.

"Hmm, I suppose." Alastor hummed.

"Anyhow, shall we begin are afternoon for the day!" He perked up.

"Doing what?" "Well helping me of course! I told Charlie you will be assisting me today in the office!"

"Yay..."

"Now, now dear it ain't as bad as you think. It was that or helping Nifty clean. You can choose." He said with a mischievous grin. "Urgh fine." You sighed peeling the blanket off you.

"I will see you in my office then." He smiled as he exited the bedroom.

With a slight groan and a hushed murmur, you made your way to the shower, feeling the effects of the previous night's festivities.

After taking a brief moment to relax in the warm water, you let out a sigh.

Suddenly, a wave of unpleasant memories flooded your mind, causing you to gasp and instinctively retreat feeling your back hit the wall.

"W-what was that?" You stuttered, wondering what was going on. You slowly slid yourself down the tile, feeling your heart racing as you brought your knees to your chest.

⚠️ Warning, mention of miscarriage ⚠️

Your eyes watered up as you relived that horrible night.

You felt a sudden pain hit your lower abdomen waking you out of your slumber.

A heavy feeling weighing on your heart as you pulled the sheets back seeing the blood stained on your freshly clean white sheets. "No..." You felt the hot tears pour down your cheeks as you placed a hand on your small swollen belly.