Chapter 41 - Deal with my husband

You and Alastor sat together on the balcony, quietly enjoying the jambalaya as you patiently awaited what he had to share with you.

"(Y/N)..." Alastor started off with.

You gently lifted your gaze to meet his eyes.

Alastor was momentarily at a loss for words when he made eye contact with you.

"There is something I need to tell you... Something that must only stay between us."

"Of course, Al." You reassured feeling slightly concerned.

"In order for me to tell you, darling, I must make a deal with you."

You paused for a moment, your gaze fixed on him, silently contemplating the gravity of the information he was about to share.

"Depends on the deal, Al, although you're my husband. I don't want any tricks involved."

"Darling, you have my word. The simple deal is you're not allowed to tell anyone, and in return, I'll tell you why... how I ended up here." He sighed.

You contemplated the matter. Although your curiosity was piqued, Alastor had entrusted you and only you with this secret. It had been 91 years since you last saw each other, and yet he was still confiding in you. After all, the two of you were best friends and lovers.

"Very well... I trust you. We have a deal." You exhaled and offered your hand. Alastor gradually turned his gaze to your hand and then to you before accepting the handshake, allowing the green aura to surge between yours and his hand.

Alastor never let go of your hand. Instead, he held on brushing his thumb on your palm where your scar lied.

He stared at the scar for a moment before looking to you. "(Y/N), I made a deal for my soul with someone."

Your breath caught in your throat as your eyes widened in surprise. "The deal was to look after Charlie and to make sure her hotel was safe, In doing so, I would get access to see someone in heaven..."

Your eyes began to well up with tears. Alastor cleared his throat and averted his gaze. "It was to see you. I... did not anticipate your sudden fall. As years passed, my nightmares became unbearable. That night replayed endlessly in my mind, a constant reminder of the anguish I felt when you were taken from me. In a plead, I made a deal with Charlie's mother, Lilith. I agreed to stay with her daughter while she resided in Heaven. For seven years, I diligently sought a way to enter Heaven without resorting to a deal, but... I succumbed to my desperation," he admitted in a hushed tone.

"Charlie is doing amazing! Since the hotel is operational now, does that mean there is a possibility of you regaining your soul?" You suddenly asked, attempting to be optimistic. However, your hopes diminished upon noticing the expression in his crimson eyes.

"When I disappeared the other day, it was to see her. Adam litenuant is not pleased with the hotel working, Lute wants the operation shut down, or Lilith gets kicked out of heaven, and she's left me to do her dirty work. If I do it, she will give me my soul back..."

"And if you don't?" You inquired, feeling a sense of apprehension.

"She will... destroy me." Alastor murmured.

"No... Al."

"Shh, my dear, I shall find a solution. Please do not be concerned." He reassured in a gentle and comforting tone.

Alastor gently stroked your cheeks with his hands. "It was crucial for you to be informed. I didn't want you to be frightened if she ever came down and you saw -" Alastor paused momentarily. "The chains on you," you whispered.