Chapter 38 - Lucifer Morningstar

You took a seat at the newly opened bar where Husk was occupying his usual spot.

Meanwhile, the others were exploring their bedroom, and even Alastor went to inspect his radio tower to ensure everything was in order. It was evident that he did not trust the king in the slightest.

You gazed at your broken cane that rested on the countertop. "Damn that looks fucked." Husk mumbled polishing a glass.

"I know." You sighed.

"Everything ok (Y/N)?" You heard the king of hell ask as he sat down beside you on a bar stool.

"Yeah, just seeing if this is worth saving." You admitted as Lucifer eyes landed on the angelic cane. "Hmm, mind if I have a go?" He asked.

You shrugged pushing it towards him. As Lucifer tapped his chin with a humph noise. "Aha!"

With a sudden flash, your staff gracefully floated in the air, leaving you momentarily astounded. To your surprise, the cane swiftly transformed back into your pendant, now held in Lucifer's hand. He wore a confident and playful smile as he inquired, "May I?"

You nodded, restraining the impulse to tackle the man. Lucifer placed the pendant around your neck as you gazed down at it, delighted to have it back.

You turned around to face the diminutive king, unable to contain your excitement, and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you," you whispered. Lucifer was momentarily taken aback but smiled sadly, empathising with your situation. You had been unjustly banished for defending yourself.

The embrace extended beyond the intended duration, fostering a sense of mutual comprehension, as he too bore the weight of a fallen angel's burden.

Someone cleared their throat to gain your attention as you pulled away from the embrace, noticing Alastor standing there with his hands behind his back.

His eye twitched as he was holding back the urge to transform into his demon form. His nails dug into his palms, ruining his leather gloves.

Lucifer couldn't help but grin at Alastor's state. "Al! Look! Lucifer has fixed my pendant, isn't that wonderful news?" You beamed with delight.

"Well, I suppose. Come along now. Let's go and check out our new bedroom!" Alastor did not want to leave you alone any longer with the short king himself or ever again!

"Thank you once again, Lucifer," you said in a gentle tone. "If you need any assistance in understanding the power it possesses, please do not hesitate to find me. I would be grateful to support a fellow angel such as yourself." He smiled, partially motivated by a desire to irritate the radio demon further.

Husker was smirking at the scene he was witnessing as he shook his head. With Lucifer around, this should be fun. He thought.

You took yourself beside your husband as he grabbed your arm rougher than he attended, shooting a glare at the king without your knowledge.

Alastor maintained a reserved demeanour during your journey to your room. You observed his tension as his grip on you remained firm. His gaze was unwavering, fixed straight ahead with a resolute expression, and that characteristic smile remained etched on his face.

"Al, are you alright?" You asked with a concerned expression. "Absolutely, my dear, why do you ask?" He responded with a chuckle. "Well, you appear to be slightly tense. Have I done something wrong?"

"Of course not, (Y/N), Why do you ask? Have you done something that I should be aware of?" He then looked at you with a raised brow.

"No." You paused, standing outside the door.

"Al, are you jealous?" You then asked. "Me? Jealous? Haha! Nonsense dear."

"Well then, I suppose I shall go and meet Lucifer for a couple of drinks." As you turned around, you noticed the lights flicker in the hall, and a static frequency echoed around you. You looked over your shoulder with a smirk, seeing Alastor morphing into his demon form. "Haha, what did you say?" His eyes were like radio dials, and the antlers on his head had now extended.

You turned around with a smile. "You are jealous, admit it!"

"Darling, do not deceive me in such a manner." He chuckled softly, hearing the static in his voice as he approached, looking more intimidating. You stepped back, enjoying this a bit too much. Most people would be trembling in fear.

Your back met the wall as he cowered over you, pressing his hands against the wall to trap you.

"Tell me ma chérie, who do you belong to?" He growled. You grabbed his bow tie, smirking your lips barely brushing. "I don't know. Who do I belong to?" You taunted, playing a very dangerous game with him seeing his eyes narrow to that.

"You are so lucky I don't own your soul, my demon belle. I would have had you down on your knees by now for disrespecting me like that."

"Kinky." You grinned, running your hands down his chest, lowering until he stopped you, grabbing both hands and pinning them against the wall. You let out a surprise gasp.

"Don't play with me, sweetheart. I have no control over this... emotion within my power. It's pissing me off." He growled, releasing you as he turned his back to you.

With a sigh, he felt his demon form receding. You gently opened the door to your bedroom, "Al, please come inside. I would like to have a serious conversation with you."

Alastor turned his gaze to meet yours before following you inside as he closed the door.

The room was brighter, but it was decorated in Alastor's unique style. You were eager to explore more, but you decided to prioritise Alastor's comfort first.

You took a seat on the couch as Alastor sat next to you, his brow furrowed in deep contemplation.

"Those feelings you're experiencing are completely normal, and there's no need to feel ashamed about them," you began. "When I first met Rosie and she hugged you, I felt the same way." Alastor's attention was immediately captured, and he turned to look at you with a surprised expression.

"It is an uncontrollable emotional response that I experienced momentarily. My feelings for you are genuine and exclusive. Therefore, there is no need to be concerned about Lucifer's potential interference in our relationship."

"Why did you blush?" he inquired, causing you to furrow your brows. "I've never seen you so smitten before, so what makes him so special that you've allowed him to charm you in such a way?"

You were taken aback by that. "Al, it is because he is the king of hell. The first impression was an embarrassing blush, not knowing how to take his compliment from a royal in hell." "Urgh, he is not important." Alastor snorted as you rolled your eyes.

"Al, do you trust me?" You inquired cautiously. "Of course, my dear, it's him I don't trust." He abruptly growled as antlers sprouted from his head. A chuckle escaped your lips, causing him to snap back.

"Alastor, my love, never forget that you are the only one I desire." You gently reminded him.

"I suppose he did get into my head a little." He said in an irritable tone. "I just don't like anyone having your attention like that, but I suppose I shouldn't worry and try and not feel... jealous." He said, growling at the last word.

"Good, because I need your help with something that only you can do for me."

"And what's that sweetheart?"

"You've made me aroused when you tried intimidating me."

Alastor stared rather amused yet surprised that you didn't find him scary.

"Oh? Did I?" Alastor said, grinning. He was gonna get some payback for sure.

"Well, I suppose we need to test the new bed out, don't we?" Alastor said as you giggled at that.

Alastor pulled your flustered body close to him as he leaned closer to your ear. "I'm gonna make you squirm and beg for taunting me out in the hall like that." He whispered darkly. Your eyes widened, feeling your body shudder.

Oh, what he does to you.