Chapter 37 - Extermination Day

"I can't find it." You said in a panic tone, ripping the bedroom apart.

Alastor stood in the doorway, leaning on his cane, watching you freak out. A part of him felt guilty, but he knew this was for your safety. After seeing the power in action, you held too much confidence that the radio demon didn't want you to slip up in case.

"Love... I didn't see it on you last night when we went to bed." Alastor said hated that he lied to you.

You paused what you were doing, staring wide eye at him. "What if it's on the rooftop? Or fell down the plug hole in the bath. Oh my god!" You began panicking.

Alastor firmly stated, "Darling, it will be alright. We can still defeat Adam. I will take care of him."

"Alastor, I appreciate your confidence, but he is the first man. Without it, I can not weaken him."

"Don't worry about me, my dear. I will be perfectly fine." With that, he left, taking one last glance at your concerned expression. His face softened before he retreated to the rooftop.

As you looked back up, you noticed he was gone.

"Alastor?" You said slightly irritated that he didn't help you since he held power himself.

You rolled your eyes, rushing up to the rooftop to find him so he could help you quicker.

"Alastor, I need t-"

You halted, noticing him holding it in his hand before placing it in his pocket.

"What the hell?!" You exclaimed in a startled tone. Alastor remained unresponsive, and his back still turned towards you.

"I'm sorry, love, I just... I just can't let you fight him. I was up last night worrying about it too much. Instead, I want you fighting with the others." He announced.

"You can't just take it. It's mine!"

As you approached him to retrieve the pendant, he firmly grasped your wrist and locked eyes with you, noticing the crimson glow. With a stern expression, he stated, "For your own safety, remain with the others. I will not risk losing you again!"

"Alastor..."

He let go of your wrist, walking away.

You noticed the portal in the sky open, knowing you didn't have time for this.

"I can't believe you stole and lied to me." As you quietly departed from the rooftop, you observed Vaggie standing there with her eyes wide open. She gave you a sorrowful glance before you proceeded past her and joined the others downstairs, carrying your spear.

"(Y/N)?"

"Don't question it." You said to Angel.

Everyone else stayed quiet as you all watched the exorcist angels come flying down.

"Here they come..."

"Let the slaughter begin," Alastor cackled out.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)," Vaggie apologised after she witnessed the discussion between you and Alastor.

He stole your pendent, the power you held relying on that.

"Oh, don't worry, I will be having more words with him afterwards. He's lucky I know how these pesky exorcist fights." You growled holding the angelic spear.

"Ready to slay some of our people back?" Vaggie said with a grin. "Gladly." You grinned.

The exorcist angels had descended in great numbers. Your gaze fell upon Adam and Lute, your eyes narrowing as you observed them hovering in the air, witnessing Alastor's protective shield around the hotel.