Chapter 27 - Till death do us apart

Art credit: radiocrsh on twitter

33 years old

⚠️ Mention of blood and death⚠️

The door opened, drawing your attention as you eagerly awaited the opportunity to share the news with your husband.

The results from your exam had arrived, and you had passed 100%!

Alastor's helped bring your vision to life as you wanted to build up an educational institution specifically designed for the orphans on the street.

This establishment will serve as a haven where they can access education, engage in social interactions, and receive food whenever they desire.

"Alastor! Doll, guess what!" You couldn't contain your excitement.

Your initial enthusiasm quickly disappeared when you realised that the individuals who had just entered your home were not your husband but rather two unfamiliar men.

The first disheveled-looking individual displayed an ominous grin as he gradually approached you, causing you to back up.

"Well, well, look at this, Frank. Our brother killer has a beautiful wife to come home to every day."

You quickly charged for a knife in your kitchen. That reaction made Frank charge at you. As your finger skimmed over the handle, you felt a pair of arms wrap around you, throwing you to the ground as you let out a cry.

"Stupid girl." He muttered. "What shall we do with her Reg?"

"Tie her up and wait for the bastard to come home." Reg snarled as your eyes widened.

"No. NO!" You struggled against Frank grip as you thrashed around slapping, hitting, clawing.

While you were engaged in a life-threatening situation, the front door opened, drawing the attention to you and the 2 men that had just invaded into your home.

Alastor entered the room, carrying his hat and coat.

"Darling I-" Alastor paused.

Upon noticing your distress and the presence of two unfamiliar individuals in his home seeing one holding you hostage, he immediately understood the situation.

"Al!" You managed to slip Frank grip and tried to run free. Reg grabbed your arm when you felt a sudden pain shoot down the side of your face as you collapsed to the ground face first letting out a painful groan.

Reg charged at Alastor, the radio host grabbing the knife from inside his vest pocket and swung at the first man, knicking his arm with the blade. "Fuck!" He roared as Frank tried to help grabbing his arm that held the knife.

Alastor delivered a forceful strike to Frank abdomen, causing him to bend over in discomfort, as Alastor went to end his life.

During the altercation, Reg struck Alastor in the back of the leg with sufficient force to cause him to yelp in pain and drop to one knee.

You gradually rose to a standing position ignoring the blood pouring from your nose after headbutting the wooden flooring.

You were now pissed as they were about to upper hand Alastor you charged at Reg jumping on his back making the man freak out as you tried clawing his eyes. Frank proceeded to assist Reg, allowing Alastor the opportunity to apprehend him.

Reg grabbed your arms throwing you over his shoulders like you were nothing but a feather as you gasped from the painful impact to the floor as you arch your back from the pain shooting down.