Chapter 7 - Hangover

You let out a low groan, feeling the most intense headache you could ever recall.

"Good morning," you heard a cheerful voice say.

"What time is it?" you mumbled, your eyes half-lidded struggling against the blinding light.

"It's just past 10 in the morning. You had quite a bit to drink last night, but I've prepared breakfast to help with your hangover," Alastor explained as you offered him a weak smile. "You're incredibly thoughtful and kind."

Alastor responded with a smile and took a seat next to you. He paused for a moment, contemplating whether it was appropriate to discuss the events of the previous night.

"(Y/N) dear, are you feeling alright? Your drinking last night seemed excessive, as if you were attempting to drown your sorrows in alcohol." Alastor said, pausing for a moment.

You sat up from your bed, frowning for a moment. Yes, you did drink quite a bit, but you didn't know why.

"I just wanted to have a good night, I didn't think I would enjoy it to that extent..." You then sighed heavily. "I noticed Paul being a bit flirty with Lizzy, so I kinda just saw the bottle and kept drinking." You finally admitted.

Alastor's expression softened. "I suppose I allowed jealousy to cloud my judgment and acted impulsively. Which was foolish of me, I admit."

"My dear, do you recall the events of last night after I brought you home?"

"I'm afraid it's a bit hazy from that point on." You confessed. Noticing Alastor's reaction, a sudden apprehension gripped you. "Why? Did I do something bad?" You inquired with concern.

"Uh... well... you kinda threw yourself at me last night, and uh, you grabbed my hands to uh caress your... breasts." Alastor said, knowing he couldn't keep it a secret as it would eventually come out. He was already nervous about the other secret he kept. You were gonna find out one way.

"Oh my goodness... Alastor, I apologize. I acted impulsively and without thinking. I am a terrible terrible -" "Oh dear, calm down, it's ok, I I understood that you were intoxicated, which is why no inappropriate behaviour occurred. I intervened to prevent any potential regrets, assuming that you are still a virgin?" Alastor suddenly asked, hoping you were.

A deep shade of red formed on your cheeks. "Yeah... embarrassing, right?" "Nonsense so am I." Alastor admitted to make you feel better. "Wait, really? You have ladies fawning for your attention all the time." You frowned. "Miss (L/N), do you assume I sleep with all my fans?" Alastor asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Alastor, I do not intend to inflate your ego, but I must say that you are indeed a handsome and charming gentleman. Your captivating smile has the power to captivate any lady."

Alastor could not resist but let out a genuine chuckle in response to your flattering words. "My dear, while I appreciate your kind compliment, the reason I have not acted upon it is simply because they do not interest my attention." Alastor replied truthfully.

You felt relief all of sudden, which made you question yourself as well.

"(Y/N) I'm home!" You heard your mother's sudden shout. You groaned and flopped back onto the bed as Alastor let out a sigh. "Well, I must be going. I have another afternoon broadcast to do. Will my number one fan be listening in?" Alastor asked, grinning as you stared at him with a smile. "Always." You replied. "Good. I'll see you later?" "What time do you finish?"

Alastor took out his pocket watch and checked the time. "Approximately 5 o'clock," he said. "Shall we meet in our designated location in the woods at, say, 6 o'clock?"
"Very well," you replied. "I will see you then."

Alastor stood up. "Do take some rest, my dear. I recall the effects of my first hangover quite vividly," he chuckled as he made his way to the exit.
"Alastor?" You called out.
Alastor paused and turned back to look at you.

"Thank you for your understanding and consideration despite my embarrassing behaviour last night. I appreciate your restraint and for not taking advantage of the situation."

Alastor managed a tight-lipped smile in response before excusing himself from the room, leaving your mother to start a sudden conversation with him.

As you lay there, staring at the ceiling, you couldn't help but wonder what might have transpired had you chosen differently. if it did go farther. You wouldn't mind Alastor taking your virginity, a frown formed on your face, but Paul, your boyfriend, why do you feel more pleased for Alastor taking in than Paul?

Letting out a groan, you decided to sleep this hangover off.