Chapter 3 - Prom

18 years old

"How delightful! You look absolutely stunning!" Elizabeth exclaimed with excitement as you briefly glanced at your reflection in the mirror.

Paul had extended an invitation to you for the upcoming prom, which you accepted given your close friendship with him.

"Paul will undoubtedly be completely smitten with you tonight," Elizabeth remarked with a grin as she playfully nudged you in the side.

"We are merely friends," you clarified.

"Oh, really? And how about Alastor, your 'friend' as well?" Elizabeth chuckled, causing you to frown. "What are you implying?" you inquired.

"Are you not aware? It is quite obvious that Alastor holds strong feelings for you."

"That is not true. We are the best of friends and have been for thirteen years."

"Indeed. In ten years from now, when you are married, I expect a brand new house with three bedrooms for my brats."

"How delightful." You smirked. "I will do my best to accommodate your request." You teased.

She batted her eyelashes at you. You gently pushed her away from your face, chuckling as she complained about her now ruined makeup.

A soft knock came from your door. There stood the gentleman in question.

"Hello, Al."

Alastor's gaze swept over you, taking in your appearance. The emotions that surged within him every time he was near you were becoming increasingly difficult to contain as you both grew older.

"My dear, you look... stunning." He complimented, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed and one leg crossed in front.

"Why, thank you very much." You gave a small curtsy. "And who is the fortunate gentleman that will be accompanying you this evening?" Alastor inquired, managing a smile despite his evident jealousy.

"Paul, but we are just friends." You reassured him. "I see. Well, I certainly hope he treats you with the utmost respect and kindness." Alastor composed himself and walked towards you, taking your hand and kissing your knuckle. "Have a delightful time." He offered his signature smile before releasing your hand.

You couldn't help but feel a warm sensation on your cheeks. Elizabeth rolled her eyes at the apparent lack of awareness that two should be fucking in her opinion by now.

"Remember about my 3 brats." Elizabeth said as she walked away, you let out a scoff. "Unbelievable." You muttered. As Alastor was now frowning in confusion. "You don't wanna know." You mumbled.

*********

"This is incredibly thrilling!" Elizabeth exclaimed with delight.

You held onto Paul's arm rather firmly due to your nervousness. "You will be alright." Paul reassured as you looked up to him with a nervous smile.

And he was correct, the evening was not as unpleasant as you had imagined. Everyone was having a wonderful time, you were enjoying your dance with Paul, Lizzy somehow managed to find some marijuana and alcohol, causing you to chuckle at her state as she coaxed her way to a random lad to the bathroom.

As the night progressed, you and Paul made your way back home.

I had a wonderful time, thank you, Paul." You smiled as he escorted you back home.

Paul was smiling and looking down at the ground. You both came to a sudden halt and gradually met each other's gaze.

"May I ask you something?" Paul began. "Certainly," you replied with a smile. "I... I have developed feelings for you. I am unsure if you feel the same way, but I felt it was important for you to be aware of them."

Your eyes widened in surprise as a blush formed on your face. Could this be the moment you finally acquire your first romantic partner?

"Are you serious?" you inquired, your voice betraying a mixture of excitement and uncertainty.

"Yes," he replied, his cheeks also flushed with a hint of nervousness. "I know we won't be seeing each other as frequently now that we've graduated, and I wanted to ask if you would consider being my girlfriend?"

You couldn't deny his appeal. With his striking blond hair and captivating blue eyes, he was a sight to behold. And now, he had just confessed his feelings for you. "Well, this is unexpected," you responded, a nervous chuckle escaping your lips. "Umm, sure!"

Paul's smile widened at your reaction. You both stood there for a moment, letting the weight of the situation sink in. Then, he leaned in closer. You felt a mix of anticipation and trepidation as you slowly leaned in as well, initially hesitant but ultimately surrendering to the moment. Your lips met his, and after a few seconds, you gently pulled away, gazing into his mesmerizing ocean-like eyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then?" he asked, his voice filled with hope.

You nodded in agreement as he took your hand and kissed your knuckle. "Good night, my dear." He released your hand and walked away, leaving you standing outside your house in a state of confusion.

Meanwhile, Alastor stood behind a tree, observing the entire scene. He felt a pang of sadness and anger as he realized that his best friend, the woman he was in love with, had kissed someone else. He gritted his teeth together, trying to suppress his emotions.

Kill him

A voice whispered inside his head.

Alastor could not resist the voices any longer and felt a transformation occurring within him.

His captivating honey colored eyes, which you cherished, gradually changed into a deep crimson hue, allowing the demonic essence within him to finally assume control.