Chapter 1 - Puberty

14 years old

"Oh... Alastor!" You greeted as you arrived at the designated meeting location in the woods.

However, to your surprise, the spot was empty.

You wondered where he could be...

Suddenly, a voice exclaimed, "Boo!"

Startled, you let out a shriek and instinctively swung your fist. However, the tall, dark-haired teen swiftly caught your hand. He burst into laughter at your startled reaction.

You let out a sigh, looking at your best friend with a slightly exasperated expression.

"Really!" You exclaimed, as he released you.

"Your reaction truly brightens my day." He grinned.

"Oh, I'm sure," you replied, crossing your arms and trying to catch your breath as Alastor composed himself from his laughter.

"Oh... how was school?" Alastor inquired, changing the subject.

"It was the usual. The teacher was rather impolite, Elizabeth managed to get me into trouble... again! And Paul was being his usual self," you explained, recounting the events with your school friends.

"That sounds quite eventful," he responded.

"How was your day with your mother?" You asked in return.

"My mother was kind enough to share her jambalaya recipe with me!" Alastor beamed, causing you to chuckle. You could not deny that Alastor's mother was an exceptional cook.

"My mother also taught me some dance moves to, as she says, 'woo the ladies'." He then said, staring intently into your (e/c) coloured eyes.

"Oh, yeah? What moves?" You asked, now intrigued. Would it work on you?

"Allow me to demonstrate."

Before you had an opportunity to object, he grasped your hand and swiftly twirled you around, eliciting a delighted squeal from you. Your disposition abruptly shifted, and you felt yourself falling before your back collided with the ground. However, you were simply caught. You gasped in surprise but maintained trust in your close friend.

He held one of your hands while supporting your lower back with the other.

But why, though?

You have been friends for nine years, and last year, you turned thirteen, which has caused a surge of emotions for you.

You couldn't lie. Your body has matured, developing your breasts and being more curvy. Although you were self conscious about them as you were teased for the size not being 'normal' because they were a little bigger compared to most girls your age.

"Oh, Alastor, you just took my breath away!" You half-joked, half-serious. Alastor chuckled in response as he helped you up and released your hand.

"I'm glad I have that effect," he replied playfully.

You couldn't help but smile at his words as you looked away, gazing out into the woods.

A sudden frown appeared on your face as you recalled the girls' conversation at school.

Alastor noticed your change in expression and followed your gaze.

The only sounds that could be heard were the gentle rustling of the leaves in the breeze and the occasional chirping of birds.

"Is everything alright, (N/N)?" Alastor asked with a hint of concern.

"You're my best friend, aren't you?" you asked.