Prologue

Update: 2/6/24

So I've updated it to dumb the words down because y'all are so right it's so extra how they speak, I was nervous writing a story for the first time in 10 years I took it way too seriously  now I've mellowed with my writing I'm changing it. 😭🤣🤣❤️🙈

5 years old

"Wow!" You gasped with wide-open (e/c) as you saw the worm Alastor was holding up. "It's so wiggly!" You giggled and leaned closer to get a better look at the slimy creature.

"Isn't it amazing?" The little boy grinned proudly.

You had just moved across the road to the abandoned house with your mom when you noticed the little boy named Alastor digging around in his front garden.

From that day forward, the two of you became inseparable playing in the woods and scheduling playdates at each other's homes.

Usually, these playdates occurred at yours due to the intimidating presence of Alastor's father, who reminded you of your own.

Alastor preferred it that, so he could stay away from his father's drunken state. Your home was a simple bungalow with two bedrooms.

Several months have passed since meeting Alastor.

You were both engaged in a book in your bedroom.

You and Alastor enjoy reading, as it was one of the many things you enjoyed doing together.

The Adventures of Pinocchio was both your favourite.

However, an unexpected interruption disrupts your time with Alastor. Your mother's voice resonates from the living room, summoning your presence. "(Y/N)?"

With a sigh, you got out of your comfortable position on the bed with Alastor following along.

Together, you make your way to the living room, where your mother awaits.

"Yes, Mother?" You inquire, your voice tinged with curiosity.

"I have some important information to share with you, my dear," your mother responds. "Tomorrow marks the first day of school, and it is important that you prepare for bed soon."

A wave of disappointment washed over you as you knew this meant less time playing with your new friend.

Alastor, who has been homeschooled under the roof of his mother, will not be joining you in this new adventure.

You exchange a meaningful glance with Alastor, your eyes reflecting the shared sentiment of sadness.

"Don't worry, Al," you exclaim. "We can play everyday after I get home from school!" You said with a cheerful tone.

Your mother, a witness to this heartwarming exchange, can not help but chuckle softly, her heart warmed by the genuine bond between the two children.

"I will allow you both thirty minutes of outdoor playtime." Your mother said.

"Thank you, Mother!" You expressed your gratitude ans immediately rushed outside with the brunette.

"What game shall we play?" You inquired as you travelled the forest path leading to the fields.

"Hmm." You perceived Alastor's sudden touch upon your shoulder. "TAG!" he exclaimed as he sprinted away.

"That's not fair!" You voiced your objection as you tried catching Alastor around the fields, unable to apprehend him. You eventually succumbed to exhaustion and collapsed onto the overgrown grass, gasping for breath.