Chapter 84 - Drowning

Jayden's POV

The situation wasn't getting any better. I wished that we'd at least get some breath of fresh air but I've just gotten word from the other rogue alphas that most of the hunter's facilities have been attacked.

Right now I can only suspect that it was the work of Jason's group since the coordinated attacks on those facilities were quite similar to the attacks that happened on the packs wolves as well as on our group.

"I think it'd be good if you got some of your wolves to patrol a few miles outside of Silvermoon territory. At least if there'd be another attack, either from Jason or the hunters, you'd be able to prepare." I said. Voicing out my opinion to my brother who listened on the other line.

"Already done. Alex and Mason thought that it'd be better at letting the packs take turns on patrolling outside the territory as to make sure that our warriors would be able to get some rest." Sebastian replied. "Anyways, how are things there?"

"A certain situation kinda occurred. Can't really explain everything right now but Jason's mate is currently here staying at Bloodrose." The few seconds of silence was enough to tell me that my brother had definitely not expected what I just told him.

"WHAT?!" I instinctively pulled my ear away from my phone as to not let Sebastian turn me deaf. "How the... What is she even doing there?"

"It's actually a he." I corrected. "Cole was the one that brought him here. I'll explain everything to you and the others next time. Though if I'm honestly speaking, it doesn't seem like Mathew's a bad guy."

"I never really heard of the Goddess paring up two wolves of the same gender before. Though maybe it's just rare thing." He said. "I feel sorry for the guy. Got paired up with the most fucked up wolf you can ever be paired with."

"Right now I'm having him under watch but if he's really nothing like his mate, then I don't see the problem in him staying here. He didn't really have a choice in picking who he'd be mated to." I said.

"Yeah." He replied. "Oh shit, I'm gonna be late for my patrol. Talk to you again next time Jay. Give my regards to you fam and if you see Isabella can you tell her that her mom and I are gonna call her later."

"I will. Take care of yourself Seb. Say hi to mom and the others for me." Hearing the beep after my saying goodbye to my brother, I leaned back against my chair when someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

The door opened and I see my son Lucas walk in. "Hey dad."

"Lucas, did you need something?? Also is your brother already home?? It's getting a bit late." I asked.

"Yeah. Xavier got home a few minutes ago." He told me. "And actually, I wanted to talk to you about something. It's kinda about the family that he had dinner with."

"Why?? What happened?" I asked him. Starting to feel concerned by the expression on my son's face.

"I think it'd be better if I explain everything to you first." He said which didn't really help the feeling that whatever he was about to tell me wasn't good.

With that, I motioned for him to sit on the chair in front of my desk before he started explaining to me what had exactly happened. Telling me what his brother had told him which ultimately made me want to sink deeper against my chair. And along with that, I'm starting to feel a coming headache.

"Is your brother alright??" was the first thing I asked him.

"Yeah he's fine. He didn't tell me anything about them acting out of the ordinary with him. He just said that he recognized his classmates dad as the one you talked with when we caught Francis as the wendigo." He answered.