Chapter 77 - Welcome Back Surprise

Mikey's POV

The trip back to Bloodrose didn't feel as long as the one going to the Lunari. Soon enough, I felt the connection with my pack returning. Telling me that I was already within our lands.

Another thing that told me this was the fact that I was suddenly stopped by our patrol group who immediately let me through when they recognized me.

"Where's the Lead Omega??" I asked through the pack link. Walking up to the warrior who seemed to be in charge of the patrol group.

"In his office along with the Luna, sir. I think they are still talking with detective Cole and the rogue that he came with." Hearing this quickly caught my attention.

"A rogue?? Cole brought in a rogue??"

The warrior gave out a wolfish huff as an answer.

"Yes sir. They talked a bit outside of the packhouse, though on how the Lead had reacted with what the detective told him, there must've been something going on about that rogue."

This only made my curiosity grow. Whoever this rogue was, I knew that Jayden would tell me about it later on. So with my bag held tightly in-between my jaws, I nodded towards the patrol wolves' direction before heading off to the packhouse.

I couldn't really reach out to Jayden through the pack link since he could still be busy talking with the rogue, so on reaching the packhouse, I asked one of our warriors to personally inform him in his office that I was back.

Mean I went to get myself a glass of water. Fully clothed and in my human form as I walked into the packhouse kitchen.

"Glad to see that you're back." I put down the glass after I drank some water, and turned to see Brody walking in and sitting on one of the vacant chairs at the dinning table.

"Just now actually." I shrugged. "I wanted to talk to Jay about something important but he's still busy talking with Cole in his office."

"Yeah. With Maddison and that rogue." I could sense something tense as he mention the latter part.

"How are things with you and Cole?? Did you do what Garreth and I talked to you about last night??"

He gave a tight nod. "I did. Things didn't go so smoothly when I went to see him this morning."

"Look, how bad could've it have been?" I shrugged. Trying to lighten up his mood to no avail as he kept his serious expression. His eyes looking deep in thought which made me see what might have happened with the detective.

"Tell me what happened." I coaxed. And saw as doubt overcame his face which only proved my thoughts right. "I see. So you finally realized it huh."

"Wait, you knew? Since when?" I just gave him another shrug while leaning back against the kitchen frame.

"Had my suspicions. And, I don't know. Since we were still teens maybe??" He sight out in what I could tell was utter frustration. "Does it really bother you that much?? The fact that he liked you?"

"Yes. I mean, no." He quickly corrected himself. Making me raise a curious brow at him. " I mean, I just... I-I never really thought of him that way."

"Then it's done. I'm sure that you don't have to worry about it in the future any longer since he was finally able to tell you. Both of you can start to forget and move on from this and be back to being friends again." I pointed out the positive aspects of what had happened, though with the way that the frown on his face formed, this made me think.

"Unless.... Something's changed that is." I added.

Even when it looked like he wanted to say something, he only ended up opening and closing his mouth a number of times like a fish out of water.