Chapter 29 - Plan after Plan, Body after Body

Lucas's POV

Xavier, Scott, Chase and I went to pick up Ellie and Aaron from school before heading home so that nobody would suspect anything about what we did.

When we got home, we were greeted by all of our parents like always and they asked us how our day was. And of course, the three of us who skipped school to find Francis had to lie which was a bit nerve wracking since mom and dad could very well detect someone when he or she was lying.

Luckily though, they didn't suspect anything since I think their minds were a bit occupied by something else which I didn't know of.

After that, us teens all went outside where we could talk about what we were going to do next about our wendigo situation. Especially now that we were suspecting that it was Francis all along.

"Mr. Anderson said that it's possible to free his from the wendigo spirit but he doesn't know how. And he can't really help us at the moment since he's also busy with the nemeton business." Aaron went to explain to us.

"Well there goes that." My brother said. "For now we should concentrate on just catching the wendigo. If it is Francis then at least we can prevent him from hurting anyone."

"That's what I said." Aaron voiced. "And Mr. Anderson completely agreed. Though he did say that we have to make a pretty good plan. Apparently, wendigos are smarter than they look."

"Dude, why do you smell like spaghetti and milk??" Chase went to ask him. Wiggling his nose after giving Aaron a sniff.

Much to the Omega's annoyance.

"Oh nothing. I just thought that it's be a good idea to have a spaghetti bath after someone splashed milk on me." He sarcastically answered with an unhappy look on his face.

"One of Charlotte's friends didn't like what he said after she asked him if she was pretty or not." Ellie explained to us with a clear smirk on her face as she went to look at Aaron.

"She wanted the truth so I gave her the cold hearted truth. She looked just as pretty as a Predator without a mask. You know, from that movie AVP." He said. "Anyways, we're getting off topic here."

"Yeah we are." I respond. "How did things go with Charlotte?? Notice anything strange??"

"Nothing really. I don't think that she's anything dangerous."

"Anything dangerous?? You're convinced that she isn't human then??" My brother questioned and the Omega's look morphed into that when he's in deep thought.

"No. I don't think she is." He finally concluded. "She gets visions. You know, like when she saw Jace being killed. Today she told me that during Saturday night she dreamt of a man being attacked and killed. And next morning, a homeless man was found in the same shape as Jace was when they found him."

"I've heard of humans who have an ability like that. They call them fortune tellers or something. Or was it oracles??" Chase voiced.

"She's not human, okay??" Aaron told him with sureness in his tone. "When I was with her during lunch period in the cafeteria, I was trying to get her mad at me to see if she'd change."

"That's pretty dangerous Aaron. Why in the cafeteria where there are tons of other students who could get hurt??" I say to him in a scolding manner.

"I know I know I was being dumb. I didn't think it through. But just listen. When she got mad at me, I felt a cold shiver run up my spine. Not because I was scared of her but because I literally felt cold. Like the temperature in the room suddenly fell." He explained to us.