Chapter 35 - The Vision Commences

3rd person's POV

Finding herself somewhere cold and dark, Charlotte could feel herself becoming even more frightened on the realization of where she was.

The smell of moss.

The howling wind.

The creaking branches.

And the sounds of crickets serenading their songs to fill the eerie silence of the night.

She wanted to scream. Call out for help cause the forest was the last place that she had wanted to be. Not after the last time.

She immediately tried to look for her phone to call for help, but she couldn't find it. Basically, all she had with her was the clothes that she was currently wearing.

She then tried to remember just how she had gotten to where she was but froze when she heard a voice shouting from the distance.

"Where are you!?!"

And with that, feeling herself gaining control of her legs, she started running towards the direction of where the voice had come from.

"Come out!!! Where are you?!?" She heard the voice again shouting as she could now start seeing light shining in the near distance.

"I'm here!! Help!!!" She called out.

Closer and closer she went as she felt relief starting to fill her whole being on the thought of being out of the place she was in.

But as she got to where the man's voice had come from, she found herself tripping. But even though she did, she felt relieved that she was safe.

Or so she thought.

Cause as she got up to look at who had saved her, she found herself staring against the barrel of a shotgun.

"You damn bitch." The man said. Making Charlotte freeze as she bit down on her lower lip as she tried to prevent herself from crying.

But just as she thought he was going to pull the trigger, he suddenly pointed it somewhere else along with the light from his flashlight.

She didn't understand what was happening. It was like he didn't even care that she was there.

And it was then did she finally know what was happening when she saw the man's face.

It was the same one she saw every night these past couple of days in her dream. Her visions.

But his time, the scene was totally different.

They were no longer in the place where the park bench was, but deep inside some forest where she had never been before.

The man was looking utterly pissed at the moment. Continuously shifting his and flashlight from one direction to another as if he was looking for something to kill.

"I know you're out there you fucking asshole!!! You're going to fucking pay for what you did to my nephew!!!" He angrily yelled out while Charlotte just looked on. Not knowing what else to do.

Though as angry and rage filled that he was, he suddenly slumped onto a log as soft cries were then heard.

For her, even though that the scene has changed from what it was previously, one thing stayed the same.

The emotional pain that the man was feeling was still there. The pain of loss and the look of desperation in his eyes could be seen.

But then, they found themselves noticing a presence nearby as leaves started to shake. Making the man tightly grasp his gun as he pointed it right to where the bushes shook.