Chapter 34 - Officer of Target

Lucas's POV

"Is that everything that happens??" I asked and she gave me a very sure nod in return.

"How are we gonna find out the cop who she saw?? It could be anyone in the station." Chase pointed out.

"Not necessarily." We all turned towards Scott who had a calculating lol on his face. "I think I already know who's the cop that it's after next."

Cole's POV

"Barry. You need to go home and rest. You can't push yourself like this." I hear officer Wilson's almost pleading voice as she spoke to her partner.

Ever since his nephew's dead body was found, officer Lopez has done nothing but try to find whoever it was that took Eddie from him.

I could tell that he didn't sleep well in these last two days. I do see him take an hour nap here in the station which the chief lets him do since he understood what the officer was going through, but most of the time when you look at officer Lopez you'd see him doing nothing but try to solve the death of his nephew.

"I'm fine Olivia. I got some sleep last night so don't worry about me." He said to her as a assurance, but I knew better.

It was a very clear lie.

"You can't do this to yourself Barry." She pushed. "I understand that it's really hard for you right now but..."

"Just mind your own damn business!!!" He suddenly snapped At her which had taken her aback as well as most of the officers who were there. "Leave me alone while I find the bastard that killed my nephew!!"

With that, he walked passed the surprised female officer before heading towards his desk.

"Just give him a little time." I say after walking up to her to see if she was okay. "He just... Needs a little time to heal."

"I know. This is the first time that I've seen him like this and I understand why he's like that." Just then, I saw the rookie officer Sanders walking up to us.

"What's wrong??" I asked him.

"We received a call from the hospital. A couple found a man lost in a forest a while ago. And you never going to believe who they found." He responded.

"Henry Smith."

"Henry Smith?? You mean the hunter that disappeared last Sunday??" Officer Wilson went to ask him.

"Yup. Some good news after all of the deaths that we've been having." Just as Kent said that, someone cleared their throat from behind him.

"Sorry." The young officer mumbled when he saw Lopez standing behind him.

"Lets go Wilson. We gotta go see Henry and know everything that happened."

Leaving me with the rookie, I had a weird feeling about where they were going so I excused myself before making my way out of the station to make a call.

Brody wasn't with me today since he along with other warriors from Bloodrose were busy patrolling the forests looking for the wendigo but I had nobody else to help me right now.

I remember Henry reporting to us about the mysterious mass deaths of the wild game in the woods but since it was at a time where we were very busy, I would guess that he tried going after whatever it was out there.

Chances are, he came face to face with the wendigo or something else.

Dialing his number, I waited a few seconds before he finally answered.