Chapter 69 Growing Shadows & Divine Interventions

Chase's POV

Moving through the crowded hallways, I could feel my heartbeat racing faster as I accidentally bumped against a girl's shoulder. Almost causing her to trip if her friends weren't able to help her.

"HEY!! WATCH IT!!" I heard her yelling after me, though I didn't really have time since I was quickly trying to get to the main doors of the school.

The painful throbbing sensation in my head was only getting worse. A random student closing his locker felt like a car horn ringing right beside me ear. Making me groan as the noise only made the migraine that I felt even worse.

The constant chatter around me also wasn't helping either. It only got worse when I started hearing constant thumping around me. With a consistent rhythm, it wasn't long till I realized that what I was hearing were actually the heartbeats of the other students.

Like countless drums in my ear that couldn't even leave me a second to tell me think. The pain in my head only grew. The throbbing sensation worsening as the noises seemed to be getting louder in my head when I got closer towards the exit.

Finally walking out in the building, as slightly ironic as it seemed, I felt like a vampire in one of those cliche movie. On the part that they walk out of the sunlight and just suddenly bursts out into flames.

Though instead, only my eyes felt like bursting into flames since I felt like the sunlight was going to make me blink in a second.

I felt some students looking at me weirdly, probably thinking what the hell was wrong with me since I was using my hands to cover my ear from all of the noises that I was hearing as well as squinting my eyes as to shield it from the sheer brightness.

Not wasting any time, I quickly paced and started heading towards the back of the school. Hoping that nobody would be there at this time.

Luckily I caught a break and saw that there was nobody there. Unfortunately, I could still hearing the noises coming from inside of the school through the windows and it was getting close to being too unbearable.

With my back against the wall as I crouched down, my hands still covering my ears, I tightly shut my eyes. Trying to think of anything that I could do stop all of the noise that I was hearing.

The pain in my head was only getting worse and worse. My vision became hazy and I think I was starting to feel all of the food that I ate a while a go coming up.

It was then that I felt that sensation on my throat.

I gulped.

Quickly grabbing my back and taking out a bottle of water before chugging down its' contents without delay.

Though the sensation remained.

And honestly, I think it didn't make things better as I soon found myself vomiting out everything that I ate during lunch.

Throwing the now empty bottle away in frustration, I still feel absolutely worse than I ever was before.

The deafening noise.

The irritating sunlight.

This unbearable migraine.

And this dry sensation in my throat.

I didn't know what to do anymore but the obvious. And like sheer luck, I suddenly caught a scent of something which I couldn't help but make myself follow.

It was an all too familiar scent which came from the woods nearby.

I then realized that all of the noises, the sensitivity to sunlight as well as the pain in my head had slightly lessened.