Chapter 44 - Should I or Should I not

Lucas's POV

After the whole talk with dad and the others and making sure that Kate understood her situation as well as her brother's, they finally gave her the permission that she needed to go and see Francis in the dungeons.

Though on the way there, she was very quiet as she followed a few feet behind Scott, Chase, Xavier and I. Which I could say was a normal reaction after finding out what she had just a while ago.

"You think she'll be okay??" Scott quietly ask me. Gesturing towards her with a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm sure that she'll be fine. She just needs time to accept everything." I told him. "I mean, it's not everyday you find out that a world that's suppose to be a myth actually exists."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." He said. "Hey, maybe I can talk to her. You know, from one human in the group to another??"

"I think we should just give her some time to accept everything first." My brother said as he walked up to us. Leaving Chase to be with Kate so that she wouldn't be alone. "Right now, I don't think she wants to talk to anyone else other than Francis."

"Xavier's right." I said. "All we should do right now is bring her to her brother."

...

The soft echoes of our steps could be heard as we descended down the stairs that led to the pack dungeons.

And upon arriving where the number of cells were at, Kate took that chance to look around through the emptiness and darkness that was purely relevant since these cells weren't really in usage until now as two cells currently held Francis and the skinwalker.

"It's so dark." She quietly mumbled while following. "And empty."

"Well our pack never really had a reason to use this place till now so that might explain it." I heard Chase telling her just as we passed by a certain cell.

"Where's my brother??" Just as she ask that question, a loud clang suddenly came as something went to hit the grills of the cell. Making Kate release a loud, surprised and of course, terrified yelp as she immediately jumped towards Chase.

"You all brought another human here. I could tell just by the very scent that she's giving out." Grumbled the skinwalker as he leaned against the grills of his cell. Tied up in chains with a blindfold tightly covering his eyes to prevent the incident he had cause with uncle Brody and Cole a few days ago.

"It is a she, correct?? Might I have a peak at her??" He mused, which I could tell, slightly frightened her since she unknowingly hid against Chase back who in turn went to stand between her and the irritating supernatural.

"Aww... Is she scared??" His sneer was enough to make me growl out.

"Don't make us hurt you, skinwalker." I warned before shoving him back. Making him stumble and hit the hard floor of his cell.

Though what irked me even more was that he then had the nerve to laugh like something was funny.

"What?? You're gonna tell your mommy and daddy on me??" He mocked which was ultimately making Mesan surface.

Luckily though, Xavier stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't let him get to you." He said. "That's what he wants."