Chapter 20 - Hunters & The Tree of Power

3rd person's POV

"Sir Vincent, the team leaders have arrived and are ready to start the meeting." A guy said as he looked at the older man.

"Alright. I'll be right there." He responded. Taking hold of the files on his desk before turning to follow the younger guy out of the room.

They were in what seemed to be a large, normal looking home. But as the young guy opened a door, it revealed multiple other men sitting on their chairs talking before turning to see who had just walked in.

"I am sorry for the wait gentlemen, but I had to look through some new files that came up." Vincent went to explain as he headed for a vacant chair in the head of the table.

"So that means that you know what had happened to the poor boy last night??" One of the seated men asked.

"Regrettably, I do." Vincent responded with a sigh. "Now how about we start this meeting?? Does anyone have new details about this killing??"

"The boy was murdered in his own home. Limbs torn off. Organs ripped out. What more information would you need Vincent??"

"The kind that would tell us who was responsible." The hunter responded.

"Who else would be responsible but the wolves?? They must have done it as a warning to us. They know that we're on to them for the killings of those three teens and now, they just added another one." A hunter with black hair announced. "We should do what we've always done to monsters like these. Extermination."

"Should I again remind you about our code, Joseph?? Werewolves and vampires aren't the only supernaturals out there." Vincent said to him pointedly, which made the younger hunter slowly sit back down. "We still haven't gotten solid proof if the werewolves were indeed involved in the taking and killing of those three teens. Nor if they are also responsible for this current one. For now, it remains as a suspicion."

"You yourself once said that the wolves were responsible for the killings, Vincent." A hunter said.

"At that time, they were the ones that the evidence pointed to. And it is still possible. Maybe, they are indeed responsible for all of these deaths. But all I'm saying is that we shouldn't stop looking on other possibilities." Said the wise hunter. "Like I said. Werewolves and vampires aren't the only dangerous supernaturals out there. And with the files that I've read with the latest victim and from the accounts I got from my man inside of the police station, we may be looking at something else."

Vincent could basically see the gears turning inside of the other hunter's heads. He could see that some of them wanted to ask him what he meant by something else.

Out of all the hunters at the table right now, and many others in their organization as well, Vincent is one of the most experienced. So he personally knows that not everything could be what it seems to be.

And honestly, he already has his suspicions on what the creature that Jace Parker was. Yet he still wasn't sure if he should tell the other hunters this. Not until he gathers enough evidence to support his suspicions.

"I still had some informations about the werewolves gathered of course. They still remain as our main suspects." Vincent said out before any of the hunters could say anything and went to take hold one of the files he brought with him.

"Other than the one in Lykos Forest, which is their capital, there are a number of their packs in the area as well. Namely...." He stayed silent as he went to open the file. Looking for the names listed on one of the papers.

"Lake Shire, Moonstone and Silver Moon." He read. "The biggest one being the capital since it's comprised by four packs. That of each one of the council members and the main pack living there."