Chapter 26 - The Search

Lucas's POV

Monday morning, we all met up at the entrance of the school. We didn't want to waste any more time on finding Francis so we had to discuss what Scott and Isabella found  during the weekend.

"Actually, I was on my own yesterday cause SOMEBODY didn't come with me." Scott pointed out before turning to my cousin. "And she didn't even reply to my texts."

"Well excuse me. I didn't have my phone with me cause my parents found out that I was sneaking out of the pack, to apparently meet up with an annoying human, and took it away from me!!" She snapped. Making said human to slowly back away from her.

"Oh, well... No hard feelings then." He said while hiding behind me.

"Did you manage to find out anything that could help us find Francis though??" Asked my brother.

"Well I found out that my mom can be hella scary when she's carrying a clothes hanger against me."

"Scott." I sighed.

"No, I didn't find anything else but what we already know." He said. "I even tried looking through what the police investigation found but, like I said, nothing that we don't already know."

"Well there's nothing we can do then." I said. "Ellie, Aaron and Bella, you guys stay here while the rest of us go and look for Francis. Xavier and Chase, you two try starting at the forest near his house. You might find something else that was missed that could help find him. Scott and I will head to Lykos Forest."

"Wait, the capital's forest?? Why head there??" Elizabeth asked me.

"We're only suspecting that the wendigo took him. That only means that we gotta think of other possibilities. Even if I don't see the reason why they'd take him, won't hurt if we took a look." I explained before turning to Aaron but didn't miss the fact of that an unsure look passed by Scott's face.

"Remember what duty you're on Aaron. Gotta make sure she isn't the wendigo."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Harlot duty I know. That's why I brought these with me." Lifting up his shirt, two knives were strapped on his waste. "Better have them and not need them than need them and not have them."

"Yup. Same concept as a condom." Chase mused.

"Make sure you don't get caught with that." Ellie pointed.

"A condom??"

"The two knives you have on you, you meat-head." My sister snapped.

"Oh. Well of course I won't. That's why I made sure to wear a slightly bigger shirt today to better cover them." He answered. "And it's four knives, actually."

Giving us an innocent smile, he lifted up the bottom of his pants to reveal two more knives strapped on his right ankle. Very well hidden I might add.

"Well, I guess that's good. You guys better go on inside. Classes are gonna start soon." I said before turning towards the ones who were coming with to look for Francis. "Let's go."

"Make sure to cover for Xavier and I Bella." Chase said last minute before they left.

"What kind of excuse am I even going to say for them??" I hear her mumble just as Scott and got into my car and Chase with my brother on his motorbike.

Isabella's POV

A few minutes later

"Pickles??" Ms. Perry, our history teacher, asked me in confusion.

"Yeah..." I answered. "Xavier had a severe acid poisoning from eating too many pickles. His parents called me to tell you that he'll not be attending school today."