Chapter 72 - Goodbye, my friend

Maddison's POV

Not long after the kids had left, I was washing the dishes when I felt someone walking into the kitchen.

Though I already knew who it was well before he circled his arms around my waist.

The still intoxicating forest scent was a dead giveaway.

"Mikey already left for the Lunari this morning and the kids just not that long ago." I said. Feeling his breath fanning my neck as he rested his head on shoulder. "How was your sleep??"

"Good. Still a bit tired though." He said with a sigh.

"Then you should've slept in. I could've handled everything here." He smiled. Making me release a slight shiver when he gently placed a kiss on my shoulder.

"I know that you can. But there's just too much to do because of the situations that we're in. Jason's out there. And the Werewolf Council's also one of the things that we should be careful about." He sighed before burying his face in my neck. "I'm really wishing that things would just go back to how it was. Not like these days when we're in constant danger."

"When we all get past this, things will be much simpler again." I said. Turning around to face him. "We just have to bare it for now."

I didn't know it things would ever get back to how it was, but I could still hope that it can.

"I have to look on some things later since Mikey's away." He told me before giving a quick peck in my forehead. "There's going to be a pack meeting when he gets back. Everyone deserves to know what the Goddess has decided a well as the threat that Jason brings to all of everyone."

"They will surely oppose of the Goddess's idea." I pointed out to him. Feeling a bit worried at how things will be.

"They will. But there's nothing we can really do about it. They have to accept how things are gonna be as much as I don't want it myself." He then went to sit at the dining table as I soon went to give him a freshly made cup of coffee.

"There's something else that's bothering you." I said before sitting down on the chair adjacent from his. "What is it??"

I knew that I was right. My mate was good at hiding some things from everyone else, but there's only one real exception from that. and that's me. There really was something else that was bothering him. 

I continued to give him questioning looks, wanting him to tell me as he took a quick sip of the coffee that I gave him.

"It's about Elise." He finally said. Looking at me as a grim expression slowly formed on my face. "She's been gone for weeks now and not even once has she tried to get in touch with any of us. Right when we need all the help we can get, she disappears. And I think we may have to really start thinking of the possibility."

"You mean the possibility that she might be in on everything?? That she might be helping Jason and his group??" I said. "I know what you're thinking Jay but I just really can't see it that way. I mean, she helped us in stopping Jason and her own son in the past. Why would she help him now??"

I knew that he was only looking out for everyone, but honestly I just can't think of Elise betraying us in any way. After all these years, she's as much part of our family like everyone else.

"Anybody could change on the years so anything could be possible." He said and I could see the reason in his words as he continued. "But I've been wrong on judging situations before."

"We should just look into that for now cause you have be right on more occasions. We should focus more on what we're sure of." I suggested. Placing my hands on his shoulders.