Chapter 61 - The Hunt Begins

3rd Person's POV

The aftermath of the defence of Bloodrose was clearly noticable.

Bodies littered the grounds, both of the attackers and the defenders. Many pack members were lost. But the surviving ones would make sure that they deaths wouldn't be in vain.

They started piling up the bodies. Separating the ones who were part of the pack from the ones that weren't. Though the body that only continues to catch the attention of anyone that walks by was the one slain by the second commanding pair in the pack.

Mikey had ordered the corpse of the large creature to be moved to the vacant space of the pack's clinic, osting two warriors to watch over it just as a precaution. He knew that Jayden and Maddison would want to see just what they could be up against.

"Sir." A warrior approached before giving him a respectful head-bow. "One of our pack doctors had informed me that we're quickly running out of medical supplies to cater all of our wounded."

"We have no choice then. We'll have to reroute some of our pack funds to buy what we need." Mikey replied. "Here. Gather some of the able wolves and go to the city to buy what we need."

Taking the card that he had give him, the warrior gave him another head-bow before walking off just as Louren along with Steven and Brody came along.

"We tried following them when they fled but those bastards are terribly good at covering their tracks. All we know is that they retreated somewhere west." Steven informed him.

"West." Mikey repeated as a certain thought slowly came to mind. Making him release an empty chuckle. "A simple but effective plan."

"What do you mean??" Louren curiously asked him.

"What I'm saying is that they wanted something that we had. And that the attack was just a diversion to get it. Or him for that matter." He explained.

"You're talking about the skinwalker. Why is he so important that they'd sacrifice some of their lives to get him back??" Brody asked.

"I'm not sure. But it seemed like he could control that thing that Cindy and I took down. Who knows what else that bastard could do."

"Did you already call Jay and Maddison about what happened??"

"I was just about to." He replied before sighing out. "I also gotta tell them that Lucas and Xavier are gone along with Chase and Isabella."

"What?!" Louren exclaimed out.

"You didn't know." Mikey lowly stated.

"No. No I didn't." She replied in a slightly panicked manner. "I saw him during the fight but I told him to get inside of the packhouse with the others. I was just about to go there and look for him. I didn't know that he'd went off somewhere."

"Cole told me a while ago before he left. I thought he also went to tell you." He explained.

"They've gone to the park. Have they." Louren's worry only increased when Mikey slowly nodded at her question. She remembered what had happened the last time with her son and she was greatly worried of a possible repeat with either teens that were currently not with the pack.

"Cole's already gone ahead to the park a while ago. And as much as I really want to, I don't have the options of sending out any of our warriors there at the moment cause there's still the possible threat of another attack happening."

"We can't just leave them on their own. Let me go. I'll go and get them back here safe." Louren suggested.

"You have to understand. I know that you're worried for them. And all of us here are as well. But with your mate not being here, his responsibilities as a commanding body of the pack is fully yours to bare for now."