Chapter 6 - Trouble's Arise (part 1)

Lucas's POV

After dad successfully taught us how to half-shift last night, nothing else really happened.

But for one thing, mom talked to Xavier and I about the gathering between the rogue packs in a few days.

This particular gathering is held every year with the main reason to help unmated wolves hopefully find their mates.

Garreth, Lina and Elise came home last night from their visit to the Lunari, which was itself exciting since we've all missed them, and said that the white wolf pack would be attending the gathering as well.

"Dude, I can't believe we're finally able to half-shift." I whispered to my brother as we walked into the school with the others.

"Yeah, I still can't believe I even managed to do it."

Since last night, I noticed that something was bothering him. And it started after he got the ability to half-shift.

He was very happy and excited, but still. He seemed to be looking a bit... Unsure or weary about something.

I wanted to ask what was bothering him but I didn't want to push him into tell me if he didn't want to.

And in truth, I was hiding something myself.

Last night when I was doing what dad told us to do, while concentrating about finding the hidden power dad was talking about, I found something else inside of me.

Something that was trapped in some sort of mental cage.

"Took you guys long enough." Chase chuckled.

Like us, he was a hybrid since his dad's a vampire while his mom was a wolf. Unlike us, he can't shift into a wolf. But he can shift into something.

And by the Goddess, he looked scary as fuck when he did.

It was somewhat similar to our half-shifted forms, but the difference was that Chase's eyes were a burning ember red. Dark, vein-like things would also appear under them as well as wolf like canines and claws. But within his canines teeth, you would also see two very particular fangs.

"Anyways guys, I gotta get going. My class's starting soon. See you later." I said my goodbyes as they did the same as well before I went to head towards my room.

Soon enough, I walked into the room and made my way to my seat before fixing the things I needed for class when I noticed a familiar looking girl walk in.

At first I was a bit lost as to where I saw her before, but then I realized that she was indeed the girl who was part of Maxwell's little group.

She was Francis's sister.

"Hey man." I turned to see Scott sitting on his chair beside mine.

"Hey." I said before looking back to the girl. "You know here name??"

Following my gaze, he then went to give me a questioning look.

"Kate Mcinley. One of the girls in Maxwell's possy and from what I know, she's his girl. Or so she thinks." He said the last one lowly. "Why?? You like her??"

"No." I answered. "I know her brother. And I was just curious about her name and why she treats Francis like she does."

"Oh. Well, they used to be close but things changed when they started high school. You know how it works. She rose the popularity ladder. Leaving her brother in the dusk without a care in the world. I feel bad for him." He said.

"Anyways, you have any plans for tonight??" My brows scrunched up questioningly before turning to look at my friend.

"Nothing really. Unless they give us any homework to do."