Chapter 46 - Return to an Old Home

Aaron's POV

All of us were seemingly stunned with what Isabella had told us. Except for Kate who right now was looking a bit confused as to what we were talking about.

"How's the pack doing??Do they know who did it??" Xavier asked her quietly, while at the same time, trying to calm her from her growing anxiousness.

"I-I... I don't know. She didn't say." She replied. "But Sydney wouldn't have called to tell me what had happened if everything was fine. I have to go home. Mom. Dad. I-I have to..."

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'll take you home." Lucas soothed.

"What if they got hurt?? W-What if they were..." Her breathing was becoming rapid. She was sweating and her hands were starting to shake which made the others and I worried about her but we were just so caught off guard that we had no idea how to help her in that moment.

"Bella look at me. Breathe." We all suddenly saw Scott beside her while he was trying his best to calm her down. "You're having a panic attack so you have to listen to me closely okay??"

He tried to talk to her but it was like she didn't hear him all the while as other students in the cafeteria were now watching what was happening.

"This isn't good. If she's having a panic attack there's a chance that her wolf might take over and force her to shift." I whispered to Ellie who looked just as worried as the others and I.

We had no idea what to do since this was the first time that we've ever seen her like this.

"Bella!! Listen to me!!" Scott told her louder. Forcing her to look at him by turning her head.

"Listen to me, okay?? I'm going to help you." He said. This time, speaking more soothingly before she gave him a nod as her breathing remained rapid.

"Breathe in through your nose, and exhale from your mouth. And everytime you exhale, I need you to count. Repeat until you reach five, okay??" He instructed while holding her hand. Bella nodded her head and went on to doing what he said.

"Slower, Bells. You need to do it slower. (Slow inhale), (slow exhale) one. (Slow inhale), (slow exhale) 2." With that, she slowly followed his lead. Closing her eyes and holding his hands tightly, which might have been a bit painful for him since he was human. Though if he was in pain, he was currently trying not to show it right now.

By the time Bella reached the count if five, she was calmer compared to how she was a few seconds ago. She opened her eyes slowly, and though you could still see that she was still a but anxious, at least now there wasn't the chance of her shifting and exposing us to the whole school.

"I.. I need to go and make sure that they're okay." She whispered after a while.

"I'll take you home." Lucas spoke up to which she slowly nodded her head to before letting go of Scotts hands and taking her bag after giving him a thankful look.

"Want me to come with??" Xavier suggested but then Lucas shook his head.

"You guys stay here. I'll text you when we get there." He said before the two of them walked towards the exit.

By the time they walked out of the cafeteria, most of the students went back to doing their own thing like nothing happened.

Other than the group that was a few feet away from out table. They kept whispering amongst themselves as they glanced our way and it was really starting to annoy me why they couldn't just mind their own business.

"What do you think happened to her??" One of the girls in the group asked to her friends.

"I don't know. Maybe she has a mental condition or something??" And on hearing what that girl said, I couldn't find myself holding it in any longer.