Chapter 79 - Surprises

Jayden's POV

Standing up on the stage with my mate at the packs' training grounds, I could see that all of the members of the pack were now here, aside from some which included Lucas' group. Though since everyone has been waiting here for a while, I decided that it was time to start the pack meeting.

Walking up to the front, I looked at all of the vampires and wolves that were my packs' members as I spoke. "I want to thank everyone for making time to attend this pack meeting. As you all may know already, currently all of the packs, rogue or pack wolf otherwise, are at war with a common enemy. A large and dangerous group that's not only made up of wolves and vampires, but of different supernaturals as well."

With those said, I could immediately see their worried expressions as low murmurs started. Prompting me to continue. "I can assure each and every one of you that all precautionary measures are in place to prevent for the defense of the pack if another attack is to take place. Guards near the edges of our packs' territory as well as the pack bunkers being stocked up with supplies just incase."

That seemed to eased them up a bit though their worry was still visible which was understandable. "Now in this meeting, we will be tackling important things as well as making very important announcements. All questions will be answered but only at the end of each announcement so please listen."

...

Lucas's POV

Sitting on the drivers' seat as we drove into our pack territory through the pouring rain, I inwardly groan since the meeting that dad told us about this morning was probably over already. Given that he did tell us that it was alright since we had school but since we were dismissed a period early, I was hoping that we'd at least catch up with the meeting.

But no. Because of a certain someone in the group who was wanting to getting some ice cream, we had to make a stop at the local ice cream parlor.

"I can literally feel your feeling of contempt for me. Gives me the chills." Aaron voiced on the backseat where he sat with Chase and Isabella while my sister sat in front. And if you didn't know, my brother Xavier wasn't with us since he had somewhere to be with a girl.

Somewhere which I hoped wouldn't cause an early future with midnight wailings and diaper changing.

"What did you expect? he wanted to attend the pack meeting but you made us all go to the ice cream parlor first." My sister pointed out. Holding her ice cream cone as Aaron ate his in a cup.

"Well excuse me for wanting to get some sugar. The diabetic kind. Not the one that Xavier might be getting right now." He said which made me groan.

"Just shut up and eat your ice cream." Bella thankfully said to which he shrugged.

"Don't mind if I do. Cookies and cream. My favorite. Add in some sprinkles, this and that and it's nothing but heaven on earth." He said before taking another spoonful with a very satisfied expression. "Yup. This is what I wanted on my day off of training with dad."

"How is your training anyways??" I hear Bella ask him.

"Going good. Dad may normally be a bit of a goof but when it comes to training he's as strict as they come." He said.

"Well he is dad's first commander. In your case though, he just wants to prepare you if another attack happens." My sister pointed out to which all of us seemed to agree with, except for Chase who was still sitting quietly. Looking outside of the car window.

It wasn't a secret that something is up with him nowadays. After what happened with Lydia, he's now more distant. And also, he's been feeding a lot more often than he usually does.